• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Problems with Chriomium/Chrome on one PC only"

Collapse

• Mose
    replied
    Chrome also doesn't work on the third?

Perhaps check running processes and memory use for anything unusual. Also turn off any advanced features using the debug flags, then check the logs with all the verbosity turned up. Turn off any graphical acceleration and audio etc.

chromium works fine with slackware when you come to do that one.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Assume you Googled "chrome pages blank". Seems to happen to quite a few people. Unfortunately with anything Google, always lots of people with problems but rarely any solutions.
    I'm still finding my feet with Chromium. I know it's buggy by default because it's the unstable version of Chrome. Even on Linux it's a bit buggy but FF has become unworkable nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Assume you Googled "chrome pages blank". Seems to happen to quite a few people. Unfortunately with anything Google, always lots of people with problems but rarely any solutions.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    So, anytime there's a software problem, you just wait for the next version of Windows and junk your PC? Is this what you advise your clients to do?

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous2012
    replied
    Problems with Chriomium/Chrome on one PC only

Why waste your time running old boxes? Just junk them.w8 is coming on line soon.You can pick up a w7 laptop for £200 or less soon.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    started a topic Problems with Chriomium/Chrome on one PC only

Problems with Chriomium/Chrome on one PC only

EDIT: it's Chromium not Chriomium.

Tu cut the story short, I'm navigating my way out of Firefox and installing Chromium (Open source version of Chrome) on all possible PC's I find and test it. I am yet to test it on Slackware Linux but I'll do it shortly.

On Windows I have this strange problem: three PCs, all quite oldish, exactly identical in terms of hardware and software (Win XP SP3 with up to date patches). I have absolutely the same relevant versions of software (Flash, Java, etc), drivers are updated.

Both Chromium and the official Chrome work perfectly on two of them but not on the third. On this one the installation comes out with no errors, but all pages are blank. Not even clicking on "settings" works.

I have tried all the "chrome://xxxxx" hacks I've found on the interweb but nothing displays. I have tried registry hacks, uninstallation, reinstallation, deletion of all "Google", "Chrome" and "Chromium" directories, rebooting, nothing works.

It's not a Chrome/Chromium bug but it has got something to do with this PC. Any ideas?

Working...
X