• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Home Wifi CCTV Cameras, linked to NAS"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Try getting one that has number plate recognition ... oh hang on... no number plates... scratch that...
    Opps so sorry it must have been a slip of my finger, I'm sure it was +ve rep.

Anyway new plates arriving today.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Try getting one that has number plate recognition ... oh hang on... no number plates... scratch that...

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Unfortunately not on your approved list, but I use Storage Options cameras, and they are pretty good. In door ones have PZT, the outdoor one has a powerful IR, both have excellent video quality.

Indoor PZT was under 70 quid, outdoor was 120 I think.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Thanks, am aware of compatibility lists but was wondering if anyone had any specific experience of a particular camera they would like to recommend or slate for that matter.

Preferably night vision, reasonably high res, PZT is a nice to have.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Erm, not sure whether to mention or not but there are some camera recommendations on qnap site but they are webcams... that no good?

QNAP Systems, Inc. - Affordable Webcam Surveillance Using Surveillance Station on QNAP NAS

Also

QNAP Network Camera Compatibility List - NVR-101/ NVR-1012

or the forum?

http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=111
    QNAP NAS Community Forum • View forum - Network Camera & Related Hardware Compatibility (Surveillance)

Disclaimer : I don't have a clue, just trying to be helpful. Apologies if this is all crap.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Yes, I run a couple of cameras using the built-in app from the Synology NAS. Very good, just make sure you pick a camera from their supported list - see the synology website for details.

I wasnt keen on using wifi, so I cabled them using homeplugs.

Looks like QNAP also have an approved camera list here: QNAP Systems, Inc. ( Compatibility List ) - Quality Network Appliance Provider

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    started a topic Home Wifi CCTV Cameras, linked to NAS

Home Wifi CCTV Cameras, linked to NAS

Anyone running a NAS with a wireless PZT security camera attached? I have a QNAP TS410.

Am looking to rig up a couple of cameras at the front and rear of the house.

Any camera recommendations? Am looking for VFM here, not 1080p broadcast quality, but not trying to be a cheapskate either.

Adv-Thanks-ance

Working...
X