• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Firefox

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Firefox"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    JSON is a Firefox bookmark file. Maybe you are pressing ctrl+shift+b by mistake? Start firefox from command line : firefox -profilemanager

Remove your current profile and create a new one. But let me guess, did you upgrade straight from 3.6 to 10.02?
    You sure about that ?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    It's a bug:
    Google Groups

and it has to do with Instant Search. In fact I have lost Instant Search altogether on both XP an Linux after upgrading to 10.02. In your case if you still have it, try disabling it from Google preferences.

Strangely enough I never have problems when I use Firefox nighly, though it's the bleeding edge:

Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/11.0b7-candidates/build1
    I'd already seen that report although it suggests it affects v9.x.x

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I did try chrome for a while

Didn't like the flurry of targeted ads
    Have you tried Chromium instead?

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    It's a bug:
    Google Groups

and it has to do with Instant Search. In fact I have lost Instant Search altogether on both XP an Linux after upgrading to 10.02. In your case if you still have it, try disabling it from Google preferences.

Strangely enough I never have problems when I use Firefox nighly, though it's the bleeding edge:

Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/11.0b7-candidates/build1

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Firefox is a lot better now memory wise compared to versions 4,5,6,7,8 and probably 9 - six effing versions in less than 12 months!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    bugger...just got the search thingy again

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Firefox? HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did try chrome for a while

Didn't like the flurry of targeted ads

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Firefox? HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Oh... didn't know you could do that - feel like a techie now!

Thanks - the trouble is it's not re creatable on demand so may be a while before I can say the symptoms have gone

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Open a Firefox window, type about:config, find this entry:
    browser.search.openintab

Change it from false to true and let's see.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    JSON is a Firefox bookmark file. Maybe you are pressing ctrl+shift+b by mistake? Start firefox from command line : firefox -profilemanager

Remove your current profile and create a new one. But let me guess, did you upgrade straight from 3.6 to 10.02?
    definitely not a fat finger problem- it does appear more often if I reuse an existing window to do a search rather than open up a new one (don't know if that is significant)
    Did try deleting the profile which appeared to work for a while ....but now it's back

Been through the full upgrade cycle incrementally so no version jumps

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    rch
    Search
    which is a: application/json

major annoyance

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    started a topic Firefox

Firefox

I don't know if it's related but recently upgraded machine to 10.0.02

I now get when on google page & mid way through typing a search in a dialogue box opening which says:

Opening Search
    Search
    which is a: application/json

major annoyance

Working...
X