• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HTC Windows 7 Smartphones & HTC Sense"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by rsingh View Post
    Beware: Nokia lumia does not yet support tethering or wifi hotspot functionality as other win phones do. I returned mine...

Would that not be a feature of Android ? Are you saying Nokia are disabling that feature ? I really am looking to move to Nokia/WP7 and need to know the plus and minus.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    well by the time you do get round to it the ice cream sandwich rom should be ready for general use!

[15.Jan.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9 V1.1 - xda-developers
    did you upgrade to ICS yet spaceman?

I was thinking about upgrading my desire z currently with gingerbread 2.3.3 to ice cream sandwich 4.0 but in order to do that it seems i need to downgrade to froyo in order to root the phone then upgrade to ics. As far as I can see this means once I start there's no going back to what i currently have as it's not possible to fully backup the phone without having root access.. I think I'll leave it a while for now until I can convince myself that ICS is worth the upgrade.. hmm

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Beware: Nokia lumia does not yet support tethering or wifi hotspot functionality as other win phones do. I returned mine...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Nope.

I've too much on at the moment hence no time to do this or even visit CUK.
    well by the time you do get round to it the ice cream sandwich rom should be ready for general use!

[15.Jan.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9 V1.1 - xda-developers

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Have you done anything about this?
    Nope.

I've too much on at the moment hence no time to do this or even visit CUK.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Have you done anything about this?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    The reason it looks so involved is that you need to update a the bootloader (probably more than once), the radio software, wipe the phone completely and then load and install the new OS

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I'm sold on WP7 but the install process, at first glance, looks involved and is why I never got round to doing it in the first place.

However, I'm getting seriously bored with my phone so have re-visited doing this.
    It took me about an hour to install Android, but that didn't include reading everything very carefully, and downloading all the software I needed.
    That hour was pretty stressfull as for about half of it my phone was in a state it wouldn't be able to recover from should anything had gone wrong.

I'm still glad I did it though

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Its still running Android and almost* flawlessly to boot. Only problems is that the andriod market place doesn't let me buy apps through the market place app (but I can pay for them through the web portal) and the camera is a bit washed out

this is the XDA Developers Rom thread I used:
    [07 Nov 2011][MAG/cLK]TyphooN CyanogenMod 7 Nightly v3.7.5[2.3.7][A2SD][tytung r13] - xda-developers

Install at your own risk - read all instructions thoroughly and get everything downloaded and ready before you start

Found a handy desktop application which syncs outlook contacts and calender with google mail which was nice

*it did have a little hiccup the other day and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall opera
    I'm sold on WP7 but the install process, at first glance, looks involved and is why I never got round to doing it in the first place.

However, I'm getting seriously bored with my phone so have re-visited doing this.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I know you briefly upgraded your handset to Android but did you bother upgrading to WP7?
    Its still running Android and almost* flawlessly to boot. Only problems is that the andriod market place doesn't let me buy apps through the market place app (but I can pay for them through the web portal) and the camera is a bit washed out

this is the XDA Developers Rom thread I used:
    [07 Nov 2011][MAG/cLK]TyphooN CyanogenMod 7 Nightly v3.7.5[2.3.7][A2SD][tytung r13] - xda-developers

Install at your own risk - read all instructions thoroughly and get everything downloaded and ready before you start

Found a handy desktop application which syncs outlook contacts and calender with google mail which was nice

*it did have a little hiccup the other day and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall opera

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Friend of mine has the HTC HD7 - it doesn't have sense on it.
    Windows Mobile 7 runs smoothly on it (at least I didn't see any problems when given a quick tour)
    Ta.

The reason for the question is I'm finally thinking of upgrading my HTC HD2 to WP7.

However, I quite like HTC Sense and currently rarely venture past its interface so wondered if it was available on WP7.

I know you briefly upgraded your handset to Android but did you bother upgrading to WP7?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Does anyone on the board have a HTC smartphone which was purchased running Windows Phone 7?

If so, can you advise if it also came with HTC Sense on it?

I suspect not but wanted to confirm from someone who has one.

Ta muchly.
    Friend of mine has the HTC HD7 - it doesn't have sense on it.
    Windows Mobile 7 runs smoothly on it (at least I didn't see any problems when given a quick tour)

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I'm thinking of getting a Lumnia, windows phone is awesome and nokia used to be the best at making phones hopefully they're on a comeback. I still have an E71 and I get two days out of it even when browsing and using email, it's a backup phone but it's so robust

Leave a comment:

• ee61re
    replied
    I get a day out of my Mozart, and that's with all the feeds side of things turned on.

That said, I don't talk much - its more of a data thing for me.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    OK, thanks for confirming.

Had a play instore with the Lumia at the weekend and it was very slick.

However, I got the impression that to get the full Win Phone 7 experience, you need a constant data connection in order that the relevant feeds can be constantly updated.
    And with a constant data connection your battery life will be tulip!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X