• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Data Recovery Software?"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Jefferson
    Anyone recommend any data recovery software?
    I've got a hard disk that has failed - I have a backup of everything I need except 2 batch files which FTP something from an AS400 to the PC and back again for credit card processing...
    The permie which wrote this has since been made redundant and it would save me a world of pain if I can just get these 2 files back....
    we use this company www.retrodata.co.uk

or

www.vogon.com

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Does the disk rattle if you shake it...?
    I have a Seagate cheetah that does that somewhere - it still works though. Makes a burning smell after about 5 minutes though.

Leave a comment:

• 1yearlater
    replied
    diskdirectorsuite, its a spot on app, recovery really easy.

http://www.acronis.com

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Try File@Recovery Pro. I don't have a link handy, so you'll need to google for it. It can read dead disks, and I have recovered over 90% of the data from a disk which nothing else would even see. Also works on deleted files and even formatted disks. It's amazing. It's so good, I actually paid for it.

Mordy in "And I never pay for software" Mode.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How will software help if the hard disk has failed? I assume by failed you mean electrically dead?

Leave a comment:

• sweetfd
    replied
    Hi,
    I used a data recovery software which is good. The AdvancedRecovery module of Data Recovery Wizard will allow you to recover files by using advanved options. I can scan all the partition types that are inclcuded in the partition for you. It doesn't only recover lost files but also lost partions and RAW files.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Don't know what's wrong with the disk, but I've got data off a dead disk by putting it in the freezer (in a plastic bag) for a while, then plugging it back in.

Leave a comment:

• Clavdivs
    replied
    I've had some success with 'File Scavenger' with a hard drive, but be prepared for the worst!

Leave a comment:

• Jefferson
    started a topic Data Recovery Software?

Data Recovery Software?

Anyone recommend any data recovery software?
    I've got a hard disk that has failed - I have a backup of everything I need except 2 batch files which FTP something from an AS400 to the PC and back again for credit card processing...
    The permie which wrote this has since been made redundant and it would save me a world of pain if I can just get these 2 files back....

Working...
X