• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Data Recovery Software?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Recovery Software?

Anyone recommend any data recovery software?
    I've got a hard disk that has failed - I have a backup of everything I need except 2 batch files which FTP something from an AS400 to the PC and back again for credit card processing...
    The permie which wrote this has since been made redundant and it would save me a world of pain if I can just get these 2 files back....

I've had some success with 'File Scavenger' with a hard drive, but be prepared for the worst!

Comment

Don't know what's wrong with the disk, but I've got data off a dead disk by putting it in the freezer (in a plastic bag) for a while, then plugging it back in.

Comment

Hi,
        I used a data recovery software which is good. The AdvancedRecovery module of Data Recovery Wizard will allow you to recover files by using advanved options. I can scan all the partition types that are inclcuded in the partition for you. It doesn't only recover lost files but also lost partions and RAW files.

Comment

How will software help if the hard disk has failed? I assume by failed you mean electrically dead?

Comment

Try File@Recovery Pro. I don't have a link handy, so you'll need to google for it. It can read dead disks, and I have recovered over 90% of the data from a disk which nothing else would even see. Also works on deleted files and even formatted disks. It's amazing. It's so good, I actually paid for it.

Mordy in "And I never pay for software" Mode.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

diskdirectorsuite, its a spot on app, recovery really easy.

http://www.acronis.com
              Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Does the disk rattle if you shake it...?
                I have a Seagate cheetah that does that somewhere - it still works though. Makes a burning smell after about 5 minutes though.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson
                  Anyone recommend any data recovery software?
                  I've got a hard disk that has failed - I have a backup of everything I need except 2 batch files which FTP something from an AS400 to the PC and back again for credit card processing...
                  The permie which wrote this has since been made redundant and it would save me a world of pain if I can just get these 2 files back....
                  we use this company www.retrodata.co.uk

or

www.vogon.com
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                  X