• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Compressing A 75Mb File"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    SUPER it down in size and do the needful, if relatives have rubbish connection speeds.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Or burn it to a video CD or DVD and post it and let them pop it straight in their DVD player or PC.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Or use WinRar to split into chunks (via the 'split to volumes' option) for easy rejoining at the other end.

For emailing a size of 5mb for each volume is recomended as email is very slow when dealing with large attachments and some systems in the chain will refuse large files.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    Or "hjsplit" it into more managable sized chunks.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yep, emailing attachments; soooo 2010

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Or google docs.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Or upload to Dropbox and send your relatives a link to it.
    Even easier, have a shared folder in Dropbox between the two accounts, its what myself and the ex do so we can share pictures of our kids

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Or put it one youtube as a private video.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    WCS

2GB freee space on Dropbox
    Last edited by Coalman; 4 July 2011, 20:53.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    started a topic Compressing A 75Mb File

Compressing A 75Mb File

I want to send a 75Mb video file (no, not that sort) to family abroad. Obviously with the fear of blowing the guts out of my email system are there any good packages I could use to compress this into a more manageable size, or do I have to resort to the copy to a cd method ?

TIA.

Working...
X