• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My ipod touch has died"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Why Dr Who of course

in fact im writing this post on it

I never used my iPod Touch to write on forums, it's hard work. Used it for Facebook and LinkedIn and Jobserve.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    So what's on the other 41G?
    Why Dr Who of course

in fact im writing this post on it

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    And do you really need to have 64GB of music with you at all times?
    Yes I do need 64 Gig
    It now has 23G of music on it.
    So what's on the other 41G?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Drove back from Swindon on Friday night to find a little pressie waiting for me
    I am one happy piggy
    Just in case you are wondering....
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03..._apps_shelved/

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    I am one happy piggy
    Excellent.

If you ever find out what the iplayer app is called.. let me know.

I think the Beeb are releasing a non-streaming client for the iPod Touch / iPhone soon... and according to an El Reg article, the Beeb took action recently to take down a 3rd party player for legal reasons.

I'm hoping to maximise my storage soon with Beeb material.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    I looked on their site, and they only support streaming for iPod's. I know there was a compatible iplayer, but I then read this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/05/bbc_iphone/.

The closest thing I see to an iplayer for iPod Touch is http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/17/bbc_apps/.

Hope you get your new Touch soon.
    I am one happy piggy

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    I think I got it from the BBC ?? I'd check, but my ipod's died you see
    I looked on their site, and they only support streaming for iPod's. I know there was a compatible iplayer, but I then read this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/05/bbc_iphone/.

The closest thing I see to an iplayer for iPod Touch is http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/17/bbc_apps/.

Hope you get your new Touch soon.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I can't seem to find it on AppStore. Luckily Quicktime likes it. All I need to do is find the App to download and install.

I wish I had someone to buy me expensive gadgets.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    There's an app for that!

I also have an sony e-reader! Another pressie from Mr P
    I can't seem to find it on AppStore. Luckily Quicktime likes it. All I need to do is find the App to download and install.

I wish I had someone to buy me expensive gadgets.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I didn't know iPlayer worked on the iPod Touch. I learn something new every day.

Regarding the reading of books, I use the Sony E-Book reader. Larger screen and easier to read. I know it can be read on the Apple iPod Touch, but is a pain in the neck compared to a dedicated E-Book readers (I guess this could be a justification to ask for an iPad instead. )
    There's an app for that!

I also have an sony e-reader! Another pressie from Mr P

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Yes I do need 64 Gig, as I have four series of Dr Who that I'd like to put on there, that way I'd always have David Tennent in my pocket <sigh>
    But seriously I work away a LOT and use my poddi, to read books, watch TV (iplayer) watch Dr Who and listen to music all day - mainly to drown out all the BA's having loud conversations while I'm trying to code

Also I LOVE music and love listening to new stuff, so there is always more to add.
    I didn't know iPlayer worked on the iPod Touch. I learn something new every day.

Regarding the reading of books, I use the Sony E-Book reader. Larger screen and easier to read. I know it can be read on the Apple iPod Touch, but is a pain in the neck compared to a dedicated E-Book readers (I guess this could be a justification to ask for an iPad instead. )

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Yes I do need 64 Gig, as I have four series of Dr Who that I'd like to put on there, that way I'd always have David Tennent in my pocket <sigh>
    Given the size of the screen, I'd rip it at a lower resolution and get it that way. I have a series of The West Wing on a 2GB drive, and I'm pretty sure that my collection of every Dr Who episode is under 64GB, but would have to check at home.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    It depends on what you want the device for, surely? I don't care whether my MP3 player accesses the internet, picks up my email, shows me pretty pictures etc - all I want my MP3 player to do is to play MP3s. I have a phone and a laptop that are very good at doing the other things.

And do you really need to have 64GB of music with you at all times? Do you have 64GB of music? I use shrinkmytunes to compress my music library for putting on my 6GB player. I still find that I end up listening to the same albums over and over again - I have far too much choice, and can't be bothered to look for something new, so I go safe every time and listen to a handful of my favourite albums. Too much choice confuses my brain.
    But seriously I work away a LOT and use my poddi, to read books, watch TV (iplayer) watch Dr Who and listen to music all day - mainly to drown out all the BA's having loud conversations while I'm trying to code

Also I LOVE music and love listening to new stuff, so there is always more to add.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It absolutely depends on what you want it to do. I don't understand some peoples revulsion to any particular brand of product* - get the thing that does the job you want it to do for the price you can afford.

I use my iphone (and previously my ipod touch) to watch recorded TV and movies on the way to work. Try breaking out a laptop on the tube to do that...

* except HP - any revulsion to HP is entirely understandable.
    I don't have a hate towards the creative product range, especially as I use their sound cards in my home machine. But I don't get why some people say that others shouldn't go for a particular product because of who makes it.

I went for the iPod Touch rather than the iPhone because I didn't want to have a phone integrated into my music player (or vice versa). I didn't go for the Creative (or even Microsoft) music player because the iPod did what I wanted to do (and because I used the Apple products before).

Also, I don't mind paying for DRM protected music and the iPod does support non-DRM protected music / videos.

I agree with the need to buy what you need and can afford.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X