• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MS Action Pack / Technet"

Collapse

• Perhentian
    replied
    I went to the launch, and they tried to clarify what you would get as part of your subscriptions (especially in relation to Team System). They are renaming MSDN Universal (which seems a simple and aptly named entity) to something that is about 6-8 words long - which I can't remember. The whole licensing thing seems to be getting more complicated.

I like things simple. I can cope.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    empower program

Empower for ISV's.

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    replied
    Not got dsl yet. Coming coon. Mañana, they say. (am in Spain)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Have you tried P2P?

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    replied
    So. Any of you motley lot want to earn a few easy quid by sending me copies of:

sql server
    visual studio
    windows advanced server

??

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Well done ControlG!

"You dont need universal for the dev stuff, just msdn pro."

I simply meant that if you had a 'friend' with a Universal subscription you could have the lot and a lot more besides...

"MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)"

AFAIK if you're simply a registered partner then the only option is the Action Pack or pay the sort of subscription t0bytoo mentions.

Don't know what the case is with certified partners etc, but then I thought you had to achieve enough points to be considered one?

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose
    MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)
    Can you post a link to the inof page on this. The MS site has me baffled. I went through their purchase path and came up with a price of 953 quid.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)

Leave a comment:

• ControlG
    replied
    Went to the VS2005 launch at Harrogate last Tuesday. All attendees were given a voucher for their own free copy of VS2005 Pro, SQL Server 2005 Std and Biztalk Server 2006.

Assuming it all arrives then "Thank You very much Microsoft"

Leave a comment:

• nobody here but us chicke
    replied
    professional

You dont need universal for the dev stuff, just msdn pro.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    No.

You need someone friendly with a MSDN Universal subscription or what ever name they've decided to call it these days...

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    started a topic MS Action Pack / Technet

MS Action Pack / Technet

Do either of these packages come with visual studio?

tia

Working...
X