• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Best mobile phone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best mobile phone"

Collapse

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is that with the Android OS?

iPhone 3Gs, N97, HTC HD and Palm Pre are all contenders.
    No, it's the Diamond2 with TouchFlo. I looked at the original iPhone and wasn't that impressed (cost v features). The Nokia I liked, but the battery life was too big an issue.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Fellow contractor has a Touch Diamond2 and it appears to be very good. Smaller than the iPhone too.

There is also a nice UI on this phone which masks Window Mobile 6.1 to a certain extent.

Quite tempted to buy one to be honest with you.
    I've yet to see one, but it is getting some good reviews. I did have the original Touch Diamond for a couple of days, but wasn't overly impressed with it both in terms of performance and build quality.

An update to Windows Mobile 6.5 will be available for the Diamond2 at some point as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    HTC Touch Diamond2

Fellow contractor has a Touch Diamond2 and it appears to be very good. Smaller than the iPhone too.

There is also a nice UI on this phone which masks Window Mobile 6.1 to a certain extent.

Quite tempted to buy one to be honest with you.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    I had a Nokia N95 ... my biggest gripe was that it chewed through a battery charge like a beaver on speed.
    At the moment, I've got the HTC. Apart from a crappy camera, I can't complain at all - way better than the N95. I'd suggest changing the browser to Skyfire.
    Is that with the Android OS?

iPhone 3Gs, N97, HTC HD and Palm Pre are all contenders.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    I had a Nokia N95 ... my biggest gripe was that it chewed through a battery charge like a beaver on speed.
    At the moment, I've got the HTC. Apart from a crappy camera, I can't complain at all - way better than the N95. I'd suggest changing the browser to Skyfire.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Yes, sorry, another one of them posts...

Contract is up for renewal in the next month so thought I would start to take a look at what handests are currently out there.

So, what's the "best" multimedia handset available at the moment?

I currently have a HTC Touch and would like a handset with more multimedia (watching downloaded content etc) capabilities as well as occassionally browsing t'internet.
    I'm looking at the N97 (Nokia) when it comes out next month to replace the iPhone.

It has 32Gb onboard memory expandable by a further 16Gb (microSD)
    Same 3.5 Inch screen as the iPhone but a better resolution
    Full Qwerty keyboard

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Contract is up for renewal in the next month so thought I would start to take a look at what handests are currently out there.

I currently have a HTC Touch and would like a handset with more multimedia (watching downloaded content etc) capabilities as well as occassionally browsing t'internet.
    The HTC Touch HD seems to be well regarded by those I know that own the device, and both the HTC Touch Diamond2 and HTC Touch Pro2 are worth a look. El Reg seem to consider HTC devices to be the best iPhone alternatives at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    New iPhone will be making an appearance soon, and they've fixed a lot of the stuff that put people off the first time around.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Best mobile phone

Best mobile phone

Working...
X