• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you getting the new iPhone 3G s?"

Collapse

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    It seems a very, small, incremental upgrade and very little point in upgrading.
    The old ones are getting the OS upgrade as well...
    Just curious though...
    Been using OS 3.0 for a week or so now. Stable, fast and nice. The search functionality is excellent. I tried copy/paste and it seems good - doubt if I'll actually use it much though.

I want to get the new hardware but it seems a bit pricey.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    New ad.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    How much cheaper are business tariffs? Being a lazy twunt I haven't bothered to switch mine to my Ltd yet.

Is it 40% business use, how do they know??

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    The cost of the new iPhone seems incredibly high.

16GB on PAYG - £440
    16GB Pay Monthly total cost - £713 -£909

32GB on PAYG - £538
    32GB Pay Monthly total cost - £803 - £997

Compared to the following iPhone rivals
    Touch Diamond 2 - £660 PAY Monthly
    LG KM900 Arena - £299 PAYG / £630 PAY Monthly
    Samsung TOCCO - £99 PAYG / £270 Pay monthly

All personal tariffs mind you, not business ones. If it came in cheaper than that then I'd consider it, as it has all the features that were lacking and made me give up the original iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    So you dont browse the web or get email on the iPhone?
    Yes all the time, just not on 3G. I've got access to wifi networks in the office, at home, at the airport. The only time I don't have access is when my hands are on the wheel or I'm at 20,000 feet on the way to the client, and I really don't need it every 5 minutes - true

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    From what I can gather it's not O2's fault, you'd think Apple should have fixed the missed calls issue by now.

Funny how it seems to be the number 1 bugbear for users but it doesn't feature in Apples top 10 'solutions' ...Apple don’t have 'problems'.

Hmmm the new Palm pre looks like another alternative.
    Nice write up here on the Palm Pre

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
    Still a problem and neither O2 or Apple are admitting fault .

either getting the E75 or N97 on Vodafone next month .
    From what I can gather it's not O2's fault, you'd think Apple should have fixed the missed calls issue by now.

Funny how it seems to be the number 1 bugbear for users but it doesn't feature in Apples top 10 'solutions' ...Apple don’t have 'problems'.

Hmmm the new Palm pre looks like another alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Well, as a friend of mine said, "Oh, shiny new toy with an apple logo......must have....." (He's a Mac user so it figures)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    On the business contract yes. But I don't use it I've no need. I use a mobile broadband device with vodafone @ 3gig/£10 a month, which is much cheaper.
    So you dont browse the web or get email on the iPhone?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Do yo get the data service on that, and if so how, and how much?
    On the business contract yes. But I don't use it I've no need. I use a mobile broadband device with vodafone @ 3gig/£10 a month, which is much cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Ma iPhone is on vodafone -

I don't like to loose..
    Do yo get the data service on that, and if so how, and how much?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ma iPhone is on vodafone -

I don't like to loose..

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    Is this still a problem? I've been googling and it seems to be a common issue when you're using the web browser over 3G, my Nokia doesn't do this and I'm on O2, a simple software fix surely??

Most people say switch off 3G when you're not using it, hardly a fix though. If this is still the case with the 'S' I won't bother.

BTW I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.

Still a problem and neither O2 or Apple are admitting fault .

either getting the E75 or N97 on Vodafone next month .

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.
    Which is another reason why I want to get the new iPhone

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
    Nope won't be upgrading. In fact I'm having arguments with O2 at the moment about coming off the iPhone due to their tulip network & support.

The phone shows a full 3G signal yet calls go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. Call O2 and their solution is a simple one, Turn off 3G

Giong back to good old Nokia & Vodafone.
    Is this still a problem? I've been googling and it seems to be a common issue when you're using the web browser over 3G, my Nokia doesn't do this and I'm on O2, a simple software fix surely??

Most people say switch off 3G when you're not using it, hardly a fix though. If this is still the case with the 'S' I won't bother.

BTW I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X