• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sony X-Series Walkman"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I've got the 8gb older version and it's served me well. The sound quality is good, as are the headphones mine shipped with, but not so good after I'd dropped them in a carpark in Leeds and a car went over them.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Will it play my cassettes though ?

No, I think not !
    Nope! Am I bothered? Nope!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Will it play my cassettes though ?

No, I think not !

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I have a 16Gb Sony and it really is excellent. Being able to just drag and drop MP3's onto it from Win Explorer is very neat compared to the iPod. And it cost me £63 from Argos discount outlet on EBay. Since it is flash memory on board it is not much bigger than a credit card.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I guess it depends what you want it for. If you want top of the line audio, the reviews seem to suggest going for the sony.

If you want a "connected device" look at the Touch. I don't think there's anything to rival it as an application platform.

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    i have the a829 and it sounds fantastic. theres a big difference in sound quality between the players.

theres also a big difference between 128k, vbr and flac, but thats a whole different debate.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    That review on Amazon isn't great IMO.

Isn't the "sound quality" debate a bit moot when things are encoded in MP3 anyway?

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    much better sound quality than the ipod, amazing really.

once sony dropped the soundstage and supported drag and drop it made them a no brainer, you dont even have to insall that virus itunes.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Sony X-Series Walkman

Sony X-Series Walkman

What's the congregations view on the new Sony X-Series Walkman?

From the specs and pricing it's looking like a viable alternative to an iPod Touch.

Really tempted to buy one but not sure if I should deviate from the market leader.

Working...
X