• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apache WAMP2 cgi problem"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    You can install modules using PPM locally as well, quick Google brought up this tutorial because it's been a while since I did it

http://www.anaesthetist.com/mnm/perl...m#ppmlocal.htm

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    may want to look into an install of ActiveState Perl. It comes with a lot of the regulary used perl modules by default and makes life a lot easier
    Thanks dude. I did install this (the bugzilla install instructions say so, so monkey see monkey do)

These modules are missing, and typically you would use

ppm install <module name>

'cept that the firewall and ppm don't work together, so it has to be done manually. Painful is an understatement.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    may want to look into an install of ActiveState Perl. It comes with a lot of the regulary used perl modules by default and makes life a lot easier

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Googling leads me to suspect this package, but I'm no Perl expert so I offer no guarantees
    I got the knack of identifying and unzipping and installing missing modules. Well I spent all afternoon doing this. Now I need to install the template toolkit. I now need to run make, and I get "make is not recognized as an internal or external command"

Presumably there is more kit I need to install.

This is fiddly, horrible and a complete waste of an afternoon. I have no idea how Perl survives being this fiddly to set up. The real ball ache is this is only a demo, and I would need to set this up for real at some point.

Going to bail, and chalk Perl based systems up to those with way more patience. Not a viable commerical solution methinks.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Some more progress. I managed to get past this error by installing the module. The pm install <modulename> doesnt work due to the firewall. I have configured it to use the firewall but I get a 407 which I think means it can't authenticate.

Anyway, I have downloaded the TimeDate module and unpacked it, and now get another error!

(I have installed all of the bugzilla prerequisite modules in this way btw)

The error now is

Can't locate Email/Address.pm

The problem is, the package name and the zip archive do not necessarily match. For example, in the previous problem the zip archive was called TimeDate and the package was called Date.

So in this example, I have no clue which zip to download to fix this.
    Googling leads me to suspect this package, but I'm no Perl expert so I offer no guarantees

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    That means you're missing a Perl Module. I think CPAN is probably the place to look for that: http://cpan.org/

You'll presumably need to find out where @INC is pointing; this page may help: http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/perl_inc.html
    Some more progress. I managed to get past this error by installing the module. The pm install <modulename> doesnt work due to the firewall. I have configured it to use the firewall but I get a 407 which I think means it can't authenticate.

Anyway, I have downloaded the TimeDate module and unpacked it, and now get another error!

(I have installed all of the bugzilla prerequisite modules in this way btw)

The error now is

Can't locate Email/Address.pm

The problem is, the package name and the zip archive do not necessarily match. For example, in the previous problem the zip archive was called TimeDate and the package was called Date.

So in this example, I have no clue which zip to download to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Now I get a new error

Can't locate Date/Parse.pm in @INC
    That means you're missing a Perl Module. I think CPAN is probably the place to look for that: http://cpan.org/

You'll presumably need to find out where @INC is pointing; this page may help: http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/perl_inc.html

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It should be "Allow from All", not "*". Not sure if that will fix it though...
    I spotted that, and tried already. I managed to get it parsing

http://localhost/cgi-bin/printerenv.pl

So this gave me some hope.

I also managed to get it parsing the index.cgi in the bugzilla directory by adding a .htaccess file with the line

options ExecCGI

Now I get a new error

Can't locate Date/Parse.pm in @INC

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    As a complete guess and admiting I know nothing about it I would change

Allow from 127.0.0.1

to

Allow from *

Or just remove the allow bit.
    Worth a shot, but no.
    It should be "Allow from All", not "*". Not sure if that will fix it though...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Assuming you have cut and paste, then this will not work
    Thanks. Sadly not. The server I am working from has no web access, so this was a typo.

The code is correct on the server.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Major problem getting this to work. Total ball ache. I am way out of comfort zone on this one.

I have set up the httpd.conf with

<Directory />
    Optnios FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI Indexes
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

and yet I get

Options ExecCGI is off in this directory C:/wamp/www/bugzilla/index.cgi

Driving me mad. Help please.
    Assuming you have cut and paste, then this will not work

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Allow from 127.0.0.1

to

Allow from *

Worth a shot, but no.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Allow from 127.0.0.1

to

Allow from *

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Apache WAMP2 cgi problem

Apache WAMP2 cgi problem

Major problem getting this to work. Total ball ache. I am way out of comfort zone on this one.

I have set up the httpd.conf with

<Directory />
    Optnios FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI Indexes
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

and yet I get

Options ExecCGI is off in this directory C:/wamp/www/bugzilla/index.cgi

Driving me mad. Help please.

Working...