• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Email & Web Hosting"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT USE 1-2-3

Do not use any part of the Pipex group.

They are all tulipe.

1-2-3 even has a hate web site dedicated to them.

B*gger! You are all about 48 hours too late! At least the new domain is registered with them and I only have a year on the emails.........!!

I will make a note of the recommendations on here for renewal time.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    NOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT USE 1-2-3

Do not use any part of the Pipex group. They are all tulipe.
    My wife's web site is hosted by SupaNames. Damn.

As you may know, SupaNames is one of a group of brands which also includes 123-reg, one of the UK's largest domain name and web hosting companies.
    Time to find a new host for the Missus.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    www.godaddy.com are good.

UK2 once asked me to email them a credit card number so that was them knocked out.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    www.site-street.net not the cheapest but great service

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    NOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT USE 1-2-3

Do not use any part of the Pipex group.

They are all tulipe.

1-2-3 even has a hate web site dedicated to them.
    WHS with a big +

used them before service was awful.

Currently use UK2 with no problems whatsoever although not cheap, but I rather pay out and have a reliable and easily accessible service.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I use 1and1.co.uk

Reasonably priced and the helpdesk is actually helpful.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Thanks all !

This will give me something to look at in between search job boards.

Zara

Leave a comment:

• bullseye
    replied
    I use google for email and www.lunarpages.co.uk for hosting since Mar 2008, no problems so far.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    pimp

Leave a comment:

• Manic
    replied
    I use www.daily.co.uk, not had a problem so far.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    NF will sing Easily's praises. I concur.
    WHS

I've used Easily since 2003, web and email. Never had any problems that I can remember, and on the odd occasion I've contacted tech support by email (with techy enquiries, not problems) I've had a response within minutes, even on a Sunday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• mailric
    replied
    www.fasthosts.co.uk

I've never had any problems....

although did hear a rumour about them losing a load of personal details a few months back

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I use 1and1.co.uk

I had problems with 1&1: they lost my emails due to server maintenance, and were totally unapologetic about it, pointing out that the T&Cs said that I had to read email at least once a month: they claimed that "read" meant download and remove from server, so the fact that I hadn't done that meant that I had no right to complain if mails disappeared.

Then they didn't renew my domain (= my surname.com) before the expiry date: although they said it was quite safe since it was within the grace period, it wasn't a way that I wanted to work: a colleague had the same problem with 1and1.co.uk at the same time, so we both left them for good.

YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    As has been said many times before... Easily

Another I've used with no complaints: Dataflame

NF will sing Easily's praises. I concur.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    I use 1and1.co.uk

+1 good for me to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X