• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wireless AV in the house"

Collapse

• kaiser78
    replied
    I have got a Phillips wireless AV sender £40 on Ebay - quite fiddly to set up and you also have to place the sensors in exactly the right position in front of the Sky box, but then works a treat.

Much better than Sky multiroom or cable to cable, once the set up is done

Leave a comment:

• ribble
    replied
    I'd still go for something like this though....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=229271

Best to avoid 2.4GHz, I guess it depends where you live though. Went with the 5.8Ghz and they are much better...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I've got a pair of wireless ones, Technica from Tesco's for less than 30 quid, they work perfectly for the TV and remote.
    My house is 130+ years old and stone built and has a fair few other 2.4 Ghz devices in it too.
    I did have to fiddle a bit with the positioning of the transmitter and receiver as the TV (of all things) was causing some crappy signal issues, but in the current positions the reception is flawless in my bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Wireless is a bit crap to be honest.

Sky boxes have 2x RF outputs, the second one can carry a voltage so you can plug an IR dongle on the other end and use a second remote.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Rem.../dp/B000M7AZNS

You need to switch on the RF power via system settings.
    RF is what I use - tried the wireless route - too much other wireless stuff in my gaff. Not HD but telly in bedroom is nothing special.

Leave a comment:

• ribble
    replied
    SlingboxHD is the route I'm considering.... possibly using lan over powerline....already have a media centre in the bedroom or maybe I could use a slingcatcher??? Don't want to fork out for a second hd box cause sods law say the that I want to watch in bed is the thing I recorded last night downstairs.....

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I want to watch SKY in bed. Anyone use these wireless AV thingies to transmit from your SKY box to a bedroom TV? Any pitfalls/issues/comments?
    What about getting a Sling Box? Cost about £100 to £150.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Wireless is a bit crap to be honest.

Sky boxes have 2x RF outputs, the second one can carry a voltage so you can plug an IR dongle on the other end and use a second remote.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Rem.../dp/B000M7AZNS

You need to switch on the RF power via system settings.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 24 March 2009, 16:37.

Leave a comment:

• ribble
    replied
    If you do get one, get a 5.8GHz one rather than the standard 2.4GHz, else you will get interference from wifi/house phone/microwave etc and its sh*t.

You can get 5.8Ghz ones from Maplin....

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    IF you are never going to want to watch two different things in each room, just route a cable (either scart or hdmi) from the sky box to the tv in the other room and get an IR sender to just send the remote signals.

Or, if you want to cane your home network, look at a Slingbox Pro / Sling Catcher Combo.

Leave a comment:

• Gravy Train
    replied
    I've tried three different brands and they're all awful. Can't transfer from downstairs to room above, although our house is Victorian so it is made with proper bricks - you might have a chance in a new build

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Bought one. Bloody awful quality. Have Sky+/Sky HD in each room instead.
    Which one did you buy? Is it a generic problem with the technology or to do with your particular brand/channel ?

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Bought one. Bloody awful quality. Have Sky+/Sky HD in each room instead.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a topic Wireless AV in the house

Wireless AV in the house

I want to watch SKY in bed. Anyone use these wireless AV thingies to transmit from your SKY box to a bedroom TV? Any pitfalls/issues/comments?

Working...
X