• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remote Source Code Control"

Collapse

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Subversion gets my vote too, only because in my experience it's the only one which can do a merge properly.

Leave a comment:

• TheRefactornator
    replied
    svn gets my vote too..been using it without a hitch to client co from home over VPN for the last 12mths or so.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    +lots for Subversion.

There are also lots of ways of integrating it with your bug-tracking system (you do have one?) so that individual revisions are directly linked to the bug they are supposed to fix, and conversely that individual bug reports contain links to the revision that is supposed to have fixed them

Edit: I mean automatically linked by HTTP hyperlinks in their respective UIs - it's an epic win
    Last edited by NickFitz; 23 October 2008, 02:13.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    +2
    WHS++

Plenty of free clients for subversion / cvs floating around

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Been using this over the web for the last 2 years:

http://www.ngsource.com/

Have the client installed on my laptop and the server is somewhere near York I believe.

The product is a lot beter than the website

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    +1 for subversion
    +2

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's only a build manager, doesn't offer source control.

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    FAIL

CC is a script/build running tool that taks to source control, rather than source control itself

+1 for subversion, also available over ssh if necessary. Likewise for CVS.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Cruise control?

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Subversion will fit the bill. You can check out and commit over HTTP and it has a variety of authentication methods. It's available for Win32 and various Unix platforms. Although it's command-line based, there's a couple of good GUIs if you need them.

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    started a topic Remote Source Code Control

Remote Source Code Control

Is anyone aware of a decent source code control system that runs remotely over the internet. We currently have no VPN setup, but would like to utilise uploading and checking out source files via FTP or similar. I'm aware upload speeds at slower compared with download but any ideas would be appreciated.

Working...
X