• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 3G iPhone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3G iPhone"

Collapse

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
    "Unfortunately we can't offer you any value for the Motorola V220"

Thanks a bundle.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    Originally posted by Harrysp View Post
    Any idea on what web site that is ? as I will off load my iphone and geta new one. Need to sell before I buy, I have a crazy number of phones at home, Tytn II, Tytn I, 8800 * 2, etc LOL
    http://www.envirofone.com/

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    Any idea on what web site that is ? as I will off load my iphone and geta new one. Need to sell before I buy, I have a crazy number of phones at home, Tytn II, Tytn I, 8800 * 2, etc LOL

Leave a comment:

• MikeC1408
    replied
    There is a website that will give you £160 for an old iPhone so you could upgrade to 3G for nothing

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No thanks, just bought an iPhone
    Rub it in...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Yes but the iPhone is not just another handset

Could sell my N95; haven't checked but could prob get a decent amount for it. £350 anyone? It's virtually brand new.
    No thanks, just bought an iPhone

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Ah ha, I see - same as every new phone that comes on the market then...

You could offset your costs by selling the N95 on Ebay once you've got your iphone, but I don't know what a second hand one goes for these days (or how much your contract is).
    Yes but the iPhone is not just another handset

Could sell my N95; haven't checked but could prob get a decent amount for it. £350 anyone? It's virtually brand new.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Ahh but I am not an existing iPhone customer. I have a Nokia N95 8GB and now want a 3G iPhone, but I have almost 12 months left on an 18 month contract; the option? Buy my contract off then buy the iPhone...

P
    Ah ha, I see - same as every new phone that comes on the market then...

You could offset your costs by selling the N95 on Ebay once you've got your iphone, but I don't know what a second hand one goes for these days (or how much your contract is).

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Ahh but I am not an existing iPhone customer. I have a Nokia N95 8GB and now want a 3G iPhone, but I have almost 12 months left on an 18 month contract; the option? Buy my contract off then buy the iPhone...

P

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Unbelievable. There is no upgrade path for existing mid-contract customers like me and the gazillions of other people I know.

The only way for me to get a 3G iPhone is to buy off my current contract, then buy the iPhone and start the 18 month contract all over again.

They won't even let me switch to the lowest tariff to buy out my contract I have to do this 'gradually month by month' yeah right.

On top of that. Be wary of O2's international call / data rates, I got hit *badly* after a 10 day trip to the States... 1MB = £6!

P
    Who have you been talking to?

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/existingiphonecustomers

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Unbelievable. There is no upgrade path for existing mid-contract customers like me and the gazillions of other people I know.

The only way for me to get a 3G iPhone is to buy off my current contract, then buy the iPhone and start the 18 month contract all over again.

They won't even let me switch to the lowest tariff to buy out my contract I have to do this 'gradually month by month' yeah right.

On top of that. Be wary of O2's international call / data rates, I got hit *badly* after a 10 day trip to the States... 1MB = £6!

P
    eh? Peter, you can upgrade. you current contract stops, and a new one starts. that sounds odd as this is what they have been pushing to current owners. my problem has come stopping my personal one and creating a business account.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    No upgrade path for existing mid-contract customers!

P

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    thats the 1st wave of wanters. time will tell if demand will be as high in about 2 months

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    . I am sure poor overall sales will bring that date closer.

css_jay99
    Good luck with that. http://forums.contractoruk.com/578231-post51.html

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If the network features that make the iPhone different to anything else on the market aren't important to you, it makes more sense to buy an iPod Touch and keep your existing phone..
    for the price i want to pay, I would rather get all the mod cons on the iphone. main reason also for buying is the ability to surf the net with it as most employers seem to block a few sites (not talking about p*rn sites ).
    My Orbit II is absolute rubbish when it comes to surfing

Unless there is a good mobile out there with big enough screen size to surf and probably not win mobile?.

went into the O2 store today and was told that the PAYG plan will be available sometine before XMAS. I am sure poor overall sales will bring that date closer.

css_jay99

Leave a comment:

Working...
X