• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Adding music to Powerpoint"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    tell her to contact someone who knows something about IT as none of her family members know anything.
    Nor does the foundling.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    My mum has put her South African game reserve pics onto a Powerpoint and wants to add 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' as backing music.

How do I do this??

Learned how to add as long as the cd is in the machine, but, can I add the music track to the Powerpoint presentation and auto-play??
    tell her to contact someone who knows something about IT as none of her family members know anything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    can one google for taste too? hang on, let me try...

edit. not easily, no. however i did learn that common vampire bats do not learn taste aversions. weird huh?
    What about Bismarck's Trumpet-Eared Bat?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Might I just point out that a Google search for "powerpoint music" returns, as its first result, a detailed tutorial on how to do this?
    No.

But you may abuse Wilmslow for asking the question.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Might I just point out that a Google search for "powerpoint music" returns, as its first result, a detailed tutorial on how to do this?
    can one google for taste too? hang on, let me try...

edit. not easily, no. however i did learn that common vampire bats do not learn taste aversions. weird huh?
    Last edited by DS23; 11 June 2008, 17:22.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    My mum has put her South African game reserve pics onto a Powerpoint and wants to add 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' as backing music.

How do I do this??

Learned how to add as long as the cd is in the machine, but, can I add the music track to the Powerpoint presentation and auto-play??

No run along and tidy your room before mummy gets home.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Oh, I give up. I just remembered I know a little something online that'll do the job nicely.

Wilmslow, try this linky.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    So your mother is not content with forcing people to look at her holiday photos but is doing so as a PowerPoint presentation?

FFS.

And wants to subject them to music too: "And NO TALKING AT THE BACK!"

Powerpoint furkin holiday snaps.

Jesus.

Kill your mother, then kill yourself.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minstrel
    replied
    Audacity is quite a good freeware app for manipulating sounds (mixing, fading etc). You can also convert mic input to mp3 or wav.

Leave a comment:

• minstrel
    replied

How do I do this??

If you get the track as mp3 you can have that saved on local hard drive and link to that from Powerpoint.

The only way you can embed the track in the actual Powerpoint file is if you save it as a wav file and change Powerpoint options to include files > 100K as embedded rather than linked and do it that way. A wav file will probably be pretty huge though.

You can probably convert your CD to wav by just getting a 3.5m audio cable, feeding your headphone output into your mic input, playing the CD on your laptop and recording it in sound recorder.

Someone else will probably tell you a far more elegant way of doing it, but this way should work...

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    started a topic Adding music to Powerpoint

Adding music to Powerpoint

How do I do this??

Working...
X