• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IP66 / IP66 enclosures"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: thanks fiddle

Power is not their selling point - they can be virtually silent because they use little power. The top end ones are good for dvd/vcd/divx etc video as there is hardware acceleration.

I think I read that the top processor uses 7w flat out - total would be more because of the support chips and hdd etc.

VIA bought out Cyrix (remember them) - they were top dog on power for a short while - I built a box based on overclocking one of their 150Mhz chips to 166 many moons ago - worked really well and much cheaper than Intel. I upgraded it to AMD 233 iirc.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thanks fiddle

Heat disipation is being quoted as one of the big issues with ip65/ip66 kit. I didnt realise that they only compared to a p2/400 - I assumed they were up to more than that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: mini-itx

Fully x86 compatible - extension support varies by model (eg 3d Now amd on the low grade ones)

Will run windoze linux etc.

Not sure how they would help you though unless you are considering hermetically sealing the entire box - might work on the low-grade ones. Even top ones only around PII 400 level apparently with crud fpu.

Lots of info on www.mini-itx.com

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic IP66 / IP66 enclosures

IP66 / IP66 enclosures

Anyone got a source for IP66 rated kit / cases ?

I have been asked to quote for a system for a food processing plant, so all the kit needs to be able to be hosed down.

Preferably looking for touch screen tft and PC. I am having trouble. I have found some IP65 stuff, but my best quote fot ip66 is nearly £4K which is a bit steep for a 500mhz celeron PC

Interested to see the mini-itx question since I had been thinking about the via cpu's because of the low power/heat. How compatible are they (this will need to be windoze) ?

thanks

Mark

Working...
X