• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Email on Restart from Server"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Blat

http://www.blat.net/

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    If the server is an xSeries from IBM then you only need to stick an RSA card into it and configure it. Alternatively you can configure the ServeRAID manager to send to send mails or SMTP alerts. This way you'll know that the hardware has booted but if the OS is not running you know that you have a serious problem.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Much easier suggestion. This server runs SQL Server and so it was suggested for me to run a job on start up.

Surprised I missed that.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Goes without saying...
    Sorry mate I'm in patronising mode after dealing with technical consultants for the last few hours...

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby
    Needs to be linked to appropriate run level directories as well i.e. /etc/rc2.d etc etc.....
    Goes without saying...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Cheers Guys. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Yep, place a script in the init.d directory set to run last and call sendmail/postfix/exim etc with the correct parameters. Use 'man' to find what the parameters are for your mail system.
    Needs to be linked to appropriate run level directories as well i.e. /etc/rc2.d etc etc.....

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Yep, place a script in the init.d directory set to run last and call sendmail/postfix/exim etc with the correct parameters. Use 'man' to find what the parameters are for your mail system.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    2003 Server?

I think that there is a Computer "startupScript" that could be used to run a mailer script.

http://207.46.196.114/WindowsServer/....mspx?mfr=true

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Email on Restart from Server

Email on Restart from Server

Is there a way of getting a server to send an email on restart?

Just need a method of knowing when some numtpy resets my server or an automatic update.

Working...
X