• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Robot vacuum cleaners"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
    Link? How much!?!?
    Good News, Lazy Eaters: The Robotic Chewing Machine Has Arrived | Discover Magazine

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Automation is the answer to mindless, repetitive tasks...Ask Jenkins (Not Jeeves!).
    Like chewing and pushing out a turd once a day?

Leave a comment:

• thelastrosbif
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    robot food chewing machines...?
    Link? How much!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Any reason you guys and girls can't just grab a normal vacuum cleaner and hoover up for 30 mins, kind of does a great job and is at least some exercise?

What next, robot food chewing machines...?
    Automation is the answer to mindless, repetitive tasks...Ask Jenkins (Not Jeeves!).

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Any reason you guys and girls can't just grab a normal vacuum cleaner and hoover up for 30 mins, kind of does a great job and is at least some exercise?

Yes, I'm lazy.

M

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thelastrosbif
    replied
    IMO get a smarter one, not a cheap one. So much more efficient & satisfying when they map it out properly, can have virtual boundaries etc. rather than the random bouncing idiot approach my eufy has.

Although it IS kind of funny for a bit, like a tiny robot mr magoo. But then it can be quite annoying..why are you in that corner again? You've done that bit twice now! Go to the other side of the room you bloody eejit!!

And then he'lI eat a sock and just disappear under the sofa, beeping pitifully. I know it's not alive and doing it on purpose but some days I do yell at him. It. Ahh I'm starting to think this isolation is sending me peculiar.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Man's Roomba robot destroys floor after running over dog poo | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post
    I'm interested in RL experience of those. It's the only major chore left around the house I'm asked to perform so I want to automate it.

Parameters: hard flooring in all rooms, multiple rooms, ground floor + first floor.

Multi-room seems to be a concern for some of those I've looked at. I don't need to talk to it via Spylexa nor do I need a fancy app with graphics and stats - just need the job done. Mopping too would be a bonus.
    You will be allocated a new chore.

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    I have one of these: Eufy Robo vac 11S Max paid ~£140 on a discount deal day.

Hard floors throughout downstairs, bar 1 small room, wife, 2 x teens, a dog and cat. It runs nightly and we now have very little dust and pet hair! (and lots of positive from the wife!)

No wifi and no apps involved, just set the timer and leave it... about once a week I have to retrieve it from under a sofa, but it tends to be when one of the money pits has slouched and it has moved off the rug (making the sofa lower).

It does NOT understand steps / stairs, so we have to close one door to the snug to prevent it falling in. I put it in by hand when I remember and press "Go" on the remote.

I empty it daily and wash / swap the filter weekly, I clean the brushes/roller monthly. Simples! Would recommend.

M

Leave a comment:

• tvr450
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post
    If it’s too good to be true?

iRobot Roomba i7+ (i7556) for GBP 749 | myRobotcenter

£550 less than Argos.

I bought one of these, for that price (£749). It came from Startseite | myRobotcenter Corporate Website, shipped free from Austria in a few days. It works great, but you need to tidy first as it will eat loose cables and odd socks etc.

Upside is that it empties itself and then carries on cleaning.
    Downside is that it quite often needs a mini-service to clean the rollers or to untangle it from those loose wires....

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    If it’s too good to be true?

iRobot Roomba i7+ (i7556) for GBP 749 | myRobotcenter

£550 less than Argos.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    It'll police yer brass for you too.

YouTube

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Have two roombas and do the job. You have to remember to empty them and you will have to clean the rollers.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Eufy 30C. ScruffTowers kept spotless with daily 2am 'cuming. Amtico flooring throughout, deals with rugs. Though we have no door thresholds at all, it easily climbs an inch (think slate fire hearth). Second one deals with upstairs carpetted area.

Eats cables on floors, beware.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X