• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Webcam troubleshooting"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    How does one troubleshoot webcam issues
    Fuzzy odd looking picture? Lots of lines? Shadows image particularly in the top lip, chin and under eye area? Picture a bit grey and washed out?

Might not be the camera that's the problem....Just saying like.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    After my stuff working fine for the past month, in the last week the webcam has taken to freezing on Teams calls.

I have to turn it off/on in the call to restore it but it will then freeze again within a minute.

I'm going to blame a Win10 update, but can't see what's come down recently that would cause it.

There's no new drivers from the manufacturer - it relies on OS drivers rather than custom ones.

What else is on the idiot list that I should follow to try and sort this out?
    I've not tried this, but apparently the registry change at the end of the web page below has had some success.

https://windows101tricks.com/webcam-freezes-windows-10/

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    After my stuff working fine for the past month, in the last week the webcam has taken to freezing on Teams calls.

I have to turn it off/on in the call to restore it but it will then freeze again within a minute.

I'm going to blame a Win10 update, but can't see what's come down recently that would cause it.

There's no new drivers from the manufacturer - it relies on OS drivers rather than custom ones.

What else is on the idiot list that I should follow to try and sort this out?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Turns out all my stuff works just fine

New team couldn't connect to Client's Skype but I could. Smug mode duly engaged.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I'm going to be using Skype and Teams.

It's previously worked on Zoom but I've not used that in ages.

I'll find out Monday morning

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    How does one troubleshoot webcam issues if you can test video and microphone pick up successfully on the PC using online tools but, for example, a remote exam proctor claims they are having issues seeing/hearing you? I had this last year when doing an ITIL exam and ended up having to move from my desktop PC with a usb webcam to my laptop where the webcam was builtin.

Now that I'm going to have to properly rely on my webcam for work, I want to work from my desktop and know it will be reliable but can't fathom how to be sure I've properly tested it.
    does it work ok with Skype? do you know what other apps you need? jabber/zoom etc

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Webcam troubleshooting

Webcam troubleshooting

How does one troubleshoot webcam issues if you can test video and microphone pick up successfully on the PC using online tools but, for example, a remote exam proctor claims they are having issues seeing/hearing you? I had this last year when doing an ITIL exam and ended up having to move from my desktop PC with a usb webcam to my laptop where the webcam was builtin.

Now that I'm going to have to properly rely on my webcam for work, I want to work from my desktop and know it will be reliable but can't fathom how to be sure I've properly tested it.

Working...
X