• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MS Dynamics developer license??"

Collapse

• techperson
    replied
    Originally posted by gbonner View Post
    Many Thanks Eek.
    I will look into the trial versions and the links you put up.
    Pretty easy to create a trial environment and extend the trial a couple of times, then once it expires creates a new O365 trial and keep going. The only problem is the environment being destroyed every 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• techperson
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Right - let's give you a sensible answer - as this is how I make my money.

Action Pack won't give you Dynamics 365 or Power App licences so don't waste your money.

The usual advice now you can't trick the system with £6 team member licences is to use the 30 / 90 trials to test / develop what you want to do - and then just restart them when the trial runs out.

As for advice start at Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Power Platform Training and Exams 2019 | Training & Certification

and then look at Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Unified Service Desk | NEIL PARKHURST (MVP) for more guidance regarding exams and other items.

Good luck - unlike a lot of other markets Dynamics and Power Apps are going through a boom at the moment - the $10 per app/user/month deal is going to open up the market to a lot of potential customers.

And if you are wondering why I've been so quiet - that $10 deal and a few other changes means I've spent the last few months creating a drop in D365 Sales / Customer Service replacement for your typical customer that only needs some of the functionality. While it may sound pointless I suspect the sales pitch of save $1000 per user per year should focus minds.
    Are you sure Dynamics 365 at £10? Customer service plan costs like £50-70 a month per user, not sure what poduct you are exactly refering to that costs £10.

Anyway, Dynamics 365 can be used as part of action pack, but that is for resellers so you need to sell 50x O365 seats or 10x dynamics 365 licenses

Leave a comment:

• techperson
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Action Pack is maybe the best bet(?).

350 a year but you get a lot of stuff for that.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tion-pack.html
    Action pack only gives dynamics 365 licenses if you sell more than 50 Office licenses of 10 dynamics 365 licenses. Just purchasing the action pack doesn't entitle you to have Dynamics 365 licenses automatically

Leave a comment:

• gbonner
    replied
    Many Thanks Eek.
    I will look into the trial versions and the links you put up.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Right - let's give you a sensible answer - as this is how I make my money.

Action Pack won't give you Dynamics 365 or Power App licences so don't waste your money.

The usual advice now you can't trick the system with £6 team member licences is to use the 30 / 90 trials to test / develop what you want to do - and then just restart them when the trial runs out.

As for advice start at Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Power Platform Training and Exams 2019 | Training & Certification

and then look at Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Unified Service Desk | NEIL PARKHURST (MVP) for more guidance regarding exams and other items.

Good luck - unlike a lot of other markets Dynamics and Power Apps are going through a boom at the moment - the $10 per app/user/month deal is going to open up the market to a lot of potential customers.

And if you are wondering why I've been so quiet - that $10 deal and a few other changes means I've spent the last few months creating a drop in D365 Sales / Customer Service replacement for your typical customer that only needs some of the functionality. While it may sound pointless I suspect the sales pitch of save $1000 per user per year should focus minds.
    Last edited by eek; 12 November 2019, 09:43.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Half my family are using windows and office from the 1 time I got it 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have had the action pack for years. The value you get depends on how much you use of it

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Action Pack is maybe the best bet(?).

350 a year but you get a lot of stuff for that.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tion-pack.html

Leave a comment:

• gbonner
    started a topic MS Dynamics developer license??

MS Dynamics developer license??

Hello,

After contracting as a Unit4 Agresso consultant for a number of years I can forsee the market running out of steam so have decided to retrain in something similiar but with some longevity.

So, I have looked into MS Dynamics 365, I have seen many courses on line and many of those are free.

My real question is about getting my hands on the software to practice and build my skills. Has anyone or anyone have knowledge of a relatively cheap way of doing this as I am guessing the only way is via a Microsoft subscription?

Many thanks.

Working...
X