• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone elses free Meraki licences coming to an end?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Erm. No. I sent it to you.
    Did you

I got a few and must have forgotten who was generous ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    bump

NLUK did you end up reusing your kit? About to renew the licences for the kit I have so if anyone has a spare one in need of a home I'll take it off your hands
    Erm. No. I sent it to you.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Isn't it better to cut your losses with something like Ubiquity, that doesn't require ongoing licensing?
    Mebbe, but the Cisco kit has been rock solid and any hardware failures have been replaced no questions (I assume because they make the money on the licences)

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Isn't it better to cut your losses with something like Ubiquity, that doesn't require ongoing licensing?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    bump

NLUK did you end up reusing your kit? About to renew the licences for the kit I have so if anyone has a spare one in need of a home I'll take it off your hands

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    Got rid of my switch already, but looks like Meraki still do the webinar for a free switch - Cisco Meraki Webinars

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why not Homeplugs if that is all you need?
    I'd have to buy home plugs and I've got BT boxes spare. I've also got a network point in the room but nowhere near the PlayStation so wireless was the best option. Not allowed run a cable. Had to be the best it could for his gaming because his mates had really good FPS and they were beating him. All the fault of lag apparently

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I was only using it to shore up the lads Playstation as running a cable across the room was problematic. I'll just be putting one of my old BT units in instead.
    Why not Homeplugs if that is all you need?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Which switch do you have? For what it costs the AP's licences are about £50 a year when buying a three year licences, more than worth it (IMHO) as the hardware is a step above the consumer stuff on the market.
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I was only using it to shore up the lads Playstation as running a cable across the room was problematic. I'll just be putting one of my old BT units in instead.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
    In the same boat - I have an AP and switch - those licenses are too steep for home use - currently looking at just buying a new AP and packing up the meraki kit. It was a good run.
    Which switch do you have? For what it costs the AP's licences are about £50 a year when buying a three year licences, more than worth it (IMHO) as the hardware is a step above the consumer stuff on the market.

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    In the same boat - I have an AP and switch - those licenses are too steep for home use - currently looking at just buying a new AP and packing up the meraki kit. It was a good run.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Sold one on eBay a while back. Refreshed with Ubiquiti APs.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If no one comes up with a pretty easy option to load something else on it it's yours. Probably around March time though.

I'll contact you about getting it to you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    WHS
    If no one comes up with a pretty easy option to load something else on it it's yours. Probably around March time though.

I'll contact you about getting it to you.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Mr Mac is offering a good home.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X