• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Firefox on Ubuntu - hover over menu black background"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Ubuntu

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo View Post
    Try typing "<ctrl>+" (without the quotes)

Boo
    Thx good tip, someone suggested that and it works

I like the fact that Firefox remembers.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Now I'm trying to figure out why Firefox fonts are so damned small
    Try typing "<ctrl>+" (without the quotes)

Boo

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Have to say I've shied away from 16.04 as I completely borked a (thankfully virtual) machine by this upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Solved the problem, simply upgraded from 14.04 to 16.04 , everything works now, apart from the firefox fonts.

I think the 14.04 update, which I ran accidentally as I actually only wanted to update one app. partially changed the colours.

Now I'm trying to figure out why Firefox fonts are so damned small

thx for the comments.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    What version of Ubuntu?

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit here on my laptop, Firefox 52.0.2 64-bit and it's white text on a black background.

Leave a comment:

• Firefox on Ubuntu - hover over menu black background

So just installed Firefox 52 on my Linux workstation and lo and behold the hover over menu has black text on a blackground.

I've seen people complain but no simple fix, anyone have any tips ?

Working...
X