• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hoverboards

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hoverboards"

Collapse

• al_cam
    replied
    We got one for our youngest son for xmas - got one of the ones with larger wheels so he can use it on grass and rough surfaces - he's had great fun on it. The bad weather has restricted use a bit, but overall it has been a good buy so far - tbh anything that gets the kids outside and away from computer games is good!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Superconducting levitating hoverboard. Done.
    coool with a triple o.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Is it me or do they have wheels?

I'll be more impressed when someone invents and actual hoverboard.

Superconducting levitating hoverboard. Done.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    motorised side ways skateboards doesn't have the same ring to it.

Some quality fail videos on youtube. There's one a guy trying one in an office and taking out a wall mounted TV or glass wall hanging. And another of Mike Tyson falling.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

I'll be more impressed when someone invents and actual hoverboard.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Not sure Dubai and Hoverboards are a good combination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrHDwXeBOU
    I've seen that video before. It makes my hands sweat just watching it.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Not sure Dubai and Hoverboards are a good combination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrHDwXeBOU

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Anything with the tag line

'The worlds most awesome people ride on one wheel' is a no for me!
    It's not for you grandad....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hoverboards are so yesterday anyway..

OneWheel is where it's at.

https://onewheel.com/
    Anything with the tag line

'The worlds most awesome people ride on one wheel' is a no for me!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Hoverboards are so yesterday anyway..

OneWheel is where it's at.

https://onewheel.com/

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Lol I did seriously consider the option but I ain't being held responsible I'd something goes wrong so want nothing to do with it.
    Top man, well done

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

AYCOTBAC

FTFY
    Lol I did seriously consider the option but I ain't being held responsible I'd something goes wrong so want nothing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The only experience I've had of them is avoiding teenagers using them illegally on pavements and in the local parks. (Oddly haven't seen any for a while.)

I've actually felt sorry for them as unless you have a large paved garden and/or drive there is no where you can use them legally, and even then using them in the same location multiple times is f***ing boring.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I can't remember to be fair but it was recalled by Amazon sometime later. Oddly enough it was because the plug was not CE approved or something, nothing to do with the batteries but Amazon withdrew them all. This was last year when it was all over the news.

Personally I'd put your foot down and just say no on this one. Just look around, no one is on them anymore. I believe there are rules about using them on pavements now or something as well and they are heavy buggers to lug about.

Taking in to account the risks and cost for the very short time they will spend on it I wish I'd said no.

AYCOTBAC

FTFY

Personally I'd just say yes to this one. Funnily enough I happen to know one that's going very cheap, barely used, just PM me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So like a Segway then?
    Yeah exactly. Its just a Segway without the handle. We've done city tours on segways so were able to jump on it and be off in a couple of minutes. Just as easy to fall off hard for the first timers.

They are clever I must admit.. just nowhere to use them etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X