• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No man's Sky

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No man's Sky"

Collapse

• sbakoola
    replied
    I requested a refund and Sony UK wrote back to me telling me to politely, p*ss off.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    No man sky?

Norman's Pie more like it

Looks great but not a lot of filling!

still supposed to be bringing new stuff out with some future patches.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I've already killed more than an hour watching run-throughs. Be prepared to waste many tens of hours on this game!
    Same. Watched one of the developers play it for half an hour and it does look pretty sweet. Not so sure about wandering around on your own on a planet but I think he didn't really make enough of the interaction with the NPC's. That said I wandered round on my own for much of the couple of years I played Warcraft so I can't complain LOL.

I'd love to have a play but I just don't think I've got the time I'd need to put in. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I've already killed more than an hour watching run-throughs. Be prepared to waste many tens of hours on this game!
    Yes - more than that even....

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Yup a complete time stealer

once I had managed to kick the kids off the tv at about 8 I got on to play

what seemed to be ten minutes later it was midnight, i was hungry cos I had not eaten and I had drink about half of my small glass of wine

sooooo much to do!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Yep I was working nights then at GEC and Elite led to quite a few sleepless days
    I am not much of a gamer anymore so dare I risk looking at this new game now...
    Well if you have a PC with the right specs it is out on 12th August - available from steam.

I think it will be a time stealer and if you are only able to grab 30-45 minutes of gaming per session not sure if you will be able to get fully immersed.

But we shall see!

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Yep I was working nights then at GEC and Elite led to quite a few sleepless days
    I am not much of a gamer anymore so dare I risk looking at this new game now...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Looks a lot like Elite to me?
    Indeed part of the appeal for me

Loved elite on my acorn electron back in 1984!

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Looks a lot like Elite to me?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    could be good...

may not be depending on your expectations I guess

full soundtrack is available on youtube - quite atmospheric!

Leave a comment:

• DanielSQL
    replied
    Most definitely!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    started a topic No man's Sky

No man's Sky

Anyone interested in it?

I just pre ordered

Working...
X