• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does anyone know about, or of communities I can ask about 4G connection problems?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    I found this but it's unclear if that only refers to cases where it just doesn't connect, rather than my case where it is just fickle: How to troubleshoot if there is no internet connection when using 4G Mobile Wi-Fi(Case 2)? - Welcome to TP-LINK

Could DHCP/DNS settings be an issue?

Could an unstable 4G network cause these symptoms? I would have assumed the connection would keep dropping in that case but is it posible their could be strong signal but bad infrastructure?

Leave a comment:

• Does anyone know about, or of communities I can ask about 4G connection problems?

I posted a few months ago that my EE Osprey Mini 4G MiFi device was having issues. Fairly regularly I'd lose the internet connection even though the device itself claimed to have a strong 4G connection; the only solution was to reboot the device which always worked perfectly until the next time... it's like the connection somehow went stale.

I assumed this was an issue with the Osprey Mini and just bought a TP-Link device which does the same thing but is less cheap. It gets a stronger signal and generally seems pretty great, BUT I'm still getting the same issue; quite frequently the internet just stops working even though the device admin page says there is a solid 4G connection and no issues. Rebooting this device is quicker but it' still very annoying especially when I spent £70 to fix the issue... it fails silently so always when you quickly need to look something up you find it's bust AGAIN

I've had this same experience with 2 EE data-only SIMs (one on subscription, one pre-paid) on two separate MiFi devices which makes me think it's something wrong with the connection or the provider, not my setup, it's like I have to "reboot the SIM". But I don't know much at all about wireless internet to have any idea what might be wrong, how I can fix it, or even where to look for answers. If I go to EE support they just ask me if my 4G signal is strong enough and if I see it on all my connected devices.

Can anyone advise? Is it possible/likely my 4G connection has a timeout and IS going stale, and neither end is renewing it? Could my provider (EE) have a dodgy network setup? It seems like if this was the case, anyone running EE on their mobile here would have to keep turning their data on/off to 'reset' it frequently...?

Very frustrating to have a 30+Mpbs 4G connection that is flaky. If it kept dropping and reconnected that wouldn't be so bad, it's the fact it claims to be fine and requires manual intervention!

Working...
X