• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Windows 10 start menu"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Cheers. Tried that and didn't work.

Got Start10, good cos it does not replace win 10 start menu with win 7 start menu but allows you to use either and set either as default. Now I can just press window key to get a win 7 start menu if I want.

PS Only other problem I've had was that programs in startup folder did not run on startup. Put the shortcuts in startup for all users and was ok. Quite what advantages win10 has over 7 I can't really see but no real problems upgrading. Did a roll back on my spare PC and just takes a few minutes.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 November 2015, 21:46.

Leave a comment:

• DeadEyedJacks
    replied
    "Classic Start Menu" from Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements tried and trusted replacement for default Windows start menu.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic Windows 10 start menu

Windows 10 start menu

Upgraded to Windows 10 and all seems fine with one exception - that truly awful "All Apps" link instead of the start menu. Seems you can't have subfolders so, for example, my "Programming" folder now has all the various program exes, uninstalls, help etc links for all the different programs stuck in together. Does not suit my OCD neatness!

Any recommendations for replacement start menu utilities? Cheers.

Working...
X