• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seriously, NowTV doesn't support Chrome any more?"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've been reading that Chromecast doesn't work with Amazon Prime (other than sharing the browser tab which is crap), so I doubt it'll work with NowTV if it uses Silverlight.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    What about Chromecast?

Leave a comment:

• kyber
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I have no idea what I'm supposed to do on a Mac, haven't tried yet.
    Silverlight works fine in Safari on a Mac.

I am a NowTV subscriber and use my MacBook Pro when away from home, with an HDMI cable to the TV.

(Actually, given that the purchase of a NowTV box is effectively negative, because they only cost £15 to buy, and you get a code to extend your subscription by two or three months, I stopped using the MBP a few weeks ago.)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Presumably this is because it uses Silverlight. So it's not that NowTV doesn't support Chrome any more, it's that Chrome doesn't support NowTV any more.
    Well yes, but it's still pretty daft. We were told "plugins are dead, hardly anyone uses them"... but Silverlight is fairly big-league.

You can turn NPAPI back on in Chrome but I'm not sure if you can then install Silverlight. I'm all for standards and native browser support through HTML5, but Google are bullying their viewpoint through as MS used to.

I'm just using IE - no need to install Opera - but it's pretty annoying. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do on a Mac, haven't tried yet.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Well you could carry on using NowTV as normal, but apart from that it doesn't help much

HTH

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    How does using Opera help you get around it not working in Chrome?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    You should use Opera for Turbo mode anyway

Fire up Opera and anywhere on the NOW TV website right click and inspect element.

In the development console there is a small phone icon along the top, click this, you should now be in Emulation mode.

Pick Firefox as the browser and then refresh the page.

Hopefully this will get around the Chrome not supported warnings.

Plus as a bonus you get Turbo mode, all the fun of using proxies without bothering to set them up

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Presumably this is because it uses Silverlight. So it's not that NowTV doesn't support Chrome any more, it's that Chrome doesn't support NowTV any more.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Seriously, NowTV doesn't support Chrome any more?

Seriously, NowTV doesn't support Chrome any more?

FFS.

Working...
X