• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any Paypal experts on here? Postage shipping problem"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Eventually got a response from support and it seems they don't do it in the UK.

Had an order from Canada with UK postal area still set. Profit of zero and our insurance does not cover us for US/Canada anyway. There is no way to block different currencies either.

You can do both these things in the US. No idea why but non-Americans get a 2nd class system,

Had to enforce setting postal area before clicking Paypal on my website. Detracts from ease of going straight to Paypal for UK customers, the vast majority.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Cheers le. Have posted on Paypal forum. No answers yet.

PS Emailed Paypal support. I rather suspect the feature is not available but will see.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 August 2015, 09:58.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    sorry can't help you more. Only experience I have of paypal is with ecommerce sites where the postage is all pre-calculated with exchange rates etc..

Can only suggest the forums? a bit hit and miss I admit.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Cheers lilelvis. Only found that page as a cached item and it appears to be US version.

I have followed the UK link which is similar up to step 5, and "Allow postage to be automatically calculated on my sales" is ticked and EURO method/rates are all set up. Can't see any other UK settings related to postage.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    When I look at this https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/g...ing-calculator

It says you need to setup rules for each currency you accept.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic Any Paypal experts on here? Postage shipping problem

Any Paypal experts on here? Postage shipping problem

When I set up my site Paypal only used to calculate postage (shipping) costs for US users so I passed through a value calculated on my own cart. Risk with that is it relied on users setting their country before clicking the Paypal button, if they didn't they would get UK postage costs.

Paypal postage calculation is now available for UK users so set it up to do £ purchases and it's fine. Then I set up a higher set of charges for Euro payers but, when I pay with a test Euro account, all I get (apart from the page in French) is the UK cost converted to Euros.

Is there something I need to do apart from setting up method and values for EURO on the profile/selling preferences/postage calculations page?

Ta.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 3 August 2015, 21:27.

Working...
X