• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CMS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CMS"

Collapse

• kyber
    replied
    I'm with silverlight1, even Wordpress can offer what you need.

Leave a comment:

• silverlight1
    replied
    You might even be able to use WordPress with the Gravity forms tool (had v.good experience with this plugin)

https://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/t...party-aspx-api

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    4th'd

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    WMBS
    Thirded. Easy to use, plenty of themes, extensions, etc.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Just use Joomla, anyone can use that
    WMBS

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Eh? if I knocked something up myself it would be in PERL/PHP. You can't 'theme' a PERL script?
    You can if you know CSS

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    ....for what CMS?
    Just use Joomla, anyone can use that

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Eh? if I knocked something up myself it would be in PERL/PHP. You can't 'theme' a PERL script?
    No, but you can theme a web app.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    ....for what CMS?
    you said you could knock something up but it would look crap, so download a theme. You can still knock it up but it would look good.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    ....for what CMS?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    just download a bootstrap theme, free or paid. Most look good and takes two mins to alter.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    started a topic CMS

CMS

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a pretty simple web app, but design really isn't my thing, so I thought I'd investigate using a ready done CMS system.

The only requirements are:

1) Able to run snippets of custom PHP inside the web page to retrieve data from APIs in JSON format and then parse it.

2) Able to have basic web forms, ie a text box and a submit button, which links to a HTTP GET/POST.

I could knock something together myself, but as I say it would look ugly.

Any recommendations?

Working...
X