• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Headset recommendations, mainly for Skype."

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Thanks all, some good recommendations for Jabra hardware. I'm going to try the Jabra Speak 410 - see how a non-headset solution works for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

If it doesn't work out will look at the headset recommendations. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Current ClientCo is using Jabra 930, not bad, decent audio quality and battery life and range of at least 30m with a wall in between.
    At home i'm using 4 year old Steelseries gaming headset, can't recall the model.

Anything above £20 should give you good enough quality, other than that it's up to you to pick between wired/wireless and level of comfort. And QoL stuff like soft phone integration, noise cancellation etc.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Plantronics Blackwire 520 here.
    Sound is ok, but just too small to be used comfortably with both ears.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    I use a Plantronics Savi W720 at current gig and is fantastic!

Clear sound, can connect via bluetooth to your mobile, the PC for Lync and through a telephone...

Range is amazing too, easily around 30m (haven't needed to try further)

Leave a comment:

• spoons
    replied
    I have just replaced my Logitech one with a Jabra Bluetooth, battery life and range much improved over the Logitech.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I have Logitech wireless H800 headphones, work fine and no wires.

I am sure there are better quality headphones, depends on what you need.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've had mine about 5 years and used to use them daily for a year or two, no issues.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not sure you get much more for spending more... I have a Logitech USB headset (acts as a sound-card) for ~£20 and the quality is just fine.
    A client constantly buys cheap heads sets and it's quite funny to see them hunting around for a set that actually works. I'm thinking about one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

Not a headset but could allow me a bit more freedom to move around.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm not sure you get much more for spending more... I have a Logitech USB headset (acts as a sound-card) for ~£20 and the quality is just fine.

Comfort when wearing for a long time is more important, to me anyway as my ears get sore wearing headphones, but that's so personal I think you'd have to try them on to test.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My headset has finally packed in, so i'm looking for a replacement.

I use it mainly for Skype (work from home), looking for a quality replacement headset but would also consider a non headset solution, kind of thing you use in conferences.

I'm looking for quality so price not that important.

Any experience of a decent setup?
    I've been using one of the Jabra USB cabled headsets since last August, I have upto 10 teleconfs or long calls a day and it's been fine. Comfortable and good audio quality. There's a load of different types in their range.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    started a topic Headset recommendations, mainly for Skype.

Headset recommendations, mainly for Skype.

My headset has finally packed in, so i'm looking for a replacement.

I use it mainly for Skype (work from home), looking for a quality replacement headset but would also consider a non headset solution, kind of thing you use in conferences.

I'm looking for quality so price not that important.

Any experience of a decent setup?

Working...
X