• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reinstalling Windows 8 in Parallels."

Collapse

• Netraider
    replied
    Did you totally remove the VM? There is a way to mount virtual drives from old VMs into new ones.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Oh, yes I did thanks Netraider. I gave up in the end and just removed the VM and installed another one.

A bit of a pain but it gave me a clean sheet to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Cojak, did you get everything sorted OK?

Leave a comment:

• ujjain
    replied
    The only important thing I can think of is back-ups. If you have no use in backing up, recover more data, because you already have everything backed up (kudos), then you should be fine just reinstalling.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    I don't know if you have already started, but in Parallels there is an option to set your boot disc. Linky

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Reinstalling Windows 8 in Parallels.

Reinstalling Windows 8 in Parallels.

I've corrupted my Windows 8 updates in Parallels and get nothing but the black screen of death come up.

I can't repair itas I can't swap the boot up option to CD/DVD. My next step is to just uninstall and install Windows 8.

I've backed up but is there anything to do before I hit the uninstall button?

Working...
X