• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good UK based web host recommendation"

Collapse

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by robpow View Post
    Been using for one.com for a while and can recommend them.
    Not great for DNS - had someone who used one.com and wanted to use Office365 for Email, etc. One.com's DNS management wouldn't allow some of the service specific DNS records to be added. So had to move their DNS elsewhere.

Probably wouldn't be an issue for a typical user, but ...

Leave a comment:

• robpow
    replied
    Been using for one.com for a while and can recommend them.

Leave a comment:

• tl97
    replied
    Vidahost for managed hosting.

If you want your own Linux box and complete control, check out DigitalOcean.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    That there Pi 2 has just come out. Go on, you know you want to...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Been using big wet fish for 10 years. pretty good and good support.

Leave a comment:

• DannyF1966
    replied
    I've been with vidahost for a couple of years, not had any problems with them at all. Host at least three domains on the same account, as far as I'm concerned they do what they say on the tin.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    bytemark.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    What's your budget?

I can recommend AWS (Free Tier is good enough for light usage, which is free (as the name suggests) for 12 months - get yourself and EC2 instance, and choose Ireland as location).

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    hmm vidahost are on trustpilot, the one review website that allows reviews to be edited/deleted/added by the reviewee. Ofcourse with 5 stars
    In general I don't trust anyone who have an account on trustpilot

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Looking for one myself any opinions on Go Daddy?
    Not a webdeveloper myself, but would you recommend hosting on a Linux or Windows platform. Not planning to do anything fancy in the near future, but may in future do some selling, taking payments etc.
    go and look at the recommendations above (Vidahost or TSO)

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Looking for one myself any opinions on Go Daddy?
    Not a webdeveloper myself, but would you recommend hosting on a Linux or Windows platform. Not planning to do anything fancy in the near future, but may in future do some selling, taking payments etc.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    +1 for Vidahost. Got a couple of sites with them, support is prompt.

One other I recommend but it doesn't meet your original requirements is Savvii - who do managed WordPress hosting. Based in the Netherlands but host in the UK. I use them for a "critical" WP site (Vidahost for everything else).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Cheap, reliable and great tech support when needed.

Tsohost

And 1 click installs work.
    +1 brilliant support for the money...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    eukhost.com is good, using them for many years now.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Cheap, reliable and great tech support when needed.

Tsohost

And 1 click installs work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X