• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is techradar safe for downloads"

Collapse

• LazyFan
    replied
    portableapps.com

Would be a better place.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    You could restore to factory settings using the recovery partition. Googling the make and model of the machine should get you some instructions. Once you have reset, applied the gazillion updates and the MS security suite, I'd educate your mate in regards to safe browsing.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Problem is I need to talk them through it remotely. I want to say go to this site, search for removetulip.exe, download and run etc

Not ideal I know, hence asking on here.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Originally posted by veroli View Post
    depends what you are trying to remove.
    I usually find a complete reinstall of a system with a data backup is less painless and more efficient that trying to remove this rubbish. Once rebuilt, if using windows, install avast and use either firefox or chrome as a browser and install some extensions that filter crap out and prevent hijacking.
    Ive wasted too many hours trying to rid machines of this stuff in my job and personally so i just do the above now for people.
    WHS

Also make sure that their accounts are non admin.

Leave a comment:

• veroli
    replied
    depends what you are trying to remove.
    I usually find a complete reinstall of a system with a data backup is less painless and more efficient that trying to remove this rubbish. Once rebuilt, if using windows, install avast and use either firefox or chrome as a browser and install some extensions that filter crap out and prevent hijacking.
    Ive wasted too many hours trying to rid machines of this stuff in my job and personally so i just do the above now for people.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Cheers rsingh.

Is there anywhere you can point to that has less infested crapware.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Here’s What Happens When You Install the Top 10 Download.com Apps

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Do NOT use download.com. Their stuff is riddled with spyware and nasties.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Is download.com fairly non-malware reputable then? If so, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are they on download.com?

I've not looked at techradar before.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic Is techradar safe for downloads

Is techradar safe for downloads

Need to help someone remotely clean some toolbar browser bollox off their machine and need to point them to somewhere safe to download tools from.

TIA

Working...
X