• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Home Entertainment - Plex and NAS"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Works for me on Android, so maybe it's an iOS thing.

Chose an episode of TV to watch, and synced it rather than downloading. Watched it on my phone and then checked the server and it was showing as watched. I'd hit the sync button on the phone in the meantime just to be sure.

Edit - didn't need to press the sync button, it did it automatically for me.
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 10 November 2017, 11:42.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Yes, doing that now as we speak, new episodes are downloading, will see if it syncs back to the server what I have watched
    BTW I have no idea how this works

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Do you then hit sync on the local content afterwards?
    Yes, doing that now as we speak, new episodes are downloading, will see if it syncs back to the server what I have watched

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I usually sync unwatched episodes, so once they are watched locally I had hoped they are marked as watched on the main server
    Do you then hit sync on the local content afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Do you download the files or do you tell them to sync?

There is a sync option available which might be what you're looking for.
    I usually sync unwatched episodes, so once they are watched locally I had hoped they are marked as watched on the main server

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I've bought the Plex Pass so I can sync content from the server to my iPad for when I am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when I watch something locally on the iPad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?
    Do you download the files or do you tell them to sync?

There is a sync option available which might be what you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    There is no keyboard on a iPad, but other than you are probably right, just for the life of me can't work out what I need to change to sync the watched status back from local to the server.
    I don't think it can do it - I upload corries for mrs while she's abroad and I can even sync them down to her iPad from here (she's technically challenged!) but I don't see anything in the transcoding list while she's watching them - looks like Plex has totally disowned them at this point.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    pbkac imo hth bidi
    There is no keyboard on a iPad, but other than you are probably right, just for the life of me can't work out what I need to change to sync the watched status back from local to the server.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by simonmac View Post
    i've bought the plex pass so i can sync content from the server to my ipad for when i am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when i watch something locally on the ipad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?
    pbkac imo hth bidi
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 November 2017, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I've bought the Plex Pass so I can sync content from the server to my iPad for when I am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when I watch something locally on the iPad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Got Plex running on a few Amazon Fire sticks, My library is controlled by iTunes so everything is in either a \Movies\ or \Tv Shows\ folder, and iTunes handles everything almost perfectly (sometimes iTunes gives a show a track number so the actual files are 01 03 05 etc rather than 1,2,3, but this is easily fixed.

However something funky is happening with the TV Show "The Missing" episode 2 and 3 of season 1 are both being flagged in Plex as Episode 3, which has the ② denoting two files for that episode. If I drop in episode 2 only it still comes up as Episode 3, the file names are fixed in the file system but no matter what happens it still gets recognised as Episode 3
    Have a look on line to see how plex decides which is which episode, and also file name conventions. Plex can be quite fussy.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...Based-TV-Shows

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Got Plex running on a few Amazon Fire sticks, My library is controlled by iTunes so everything is in either a \Movies\ or \Tv Shows\ folder, and iTunes handles everything almost perfectly (sometimes iTunes gives a show a track number so the actual files are 01 03 05 etc rather than 1,2,3, but this is easily fixed.

However something funky is happening with the TV Show "The Missing" episode 2 and 3 of season 1 are both being flagged in Plex as Episode 3, which has the ② denoting two files for that episode. If I drop in episode 2 only it still comes up as Episode 3, the file names are fixed in the file system but no matter what happens it still gets recognised as Episode 3

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Thing is at bed time no matter how knackered I am I cant sleep, brain working on plan B, C all the way to Z, so I put some familar telly on on the lappy and I'm away in five mins!

Has to be classic familiar stuff, owt new or involved and the synapses are at it again....
    I find BBC Four documentaries put me to sleep particularly ones about travel. Oddly I've watched most them before in the day and have been fine.

However my new best sleep thing is that Grand Tour carp on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    There's something ironic about using modern technology to watch The Good Life.

Having said all that, I'll try it later on. Pull out the internet cable and see if it still works. You never know with these things.
    Thing is at bed time no matter how knackered I am I cant sleep, brain working on plan B, C all the way to Z, so I put some familar telly on on the lappy and I'm away in five mins!

Has to be classic familiar stuff, owt new or involved and the synapses are at it again....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    If you used the http:/plex.tv/ to connect to your server then of course it needs internet. But you can always use http://local_IP to connect to your server on the LAN without internet, even from the iOS app (can't comment for android but i guessit similar). Yes, the iOS app first goes to plex.tv, but you can manually configure a LAN IP and not need internet.
    Furry Muff then! I back down, just it fooking annoyed me at the time when I had other shiit to deal with, was a temporary house between two stressful moves! All we had was 3G internet provided by the AirBnb guy that lasted like 3 hours a month.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X