• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Robocopy Scripts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Robocopy Scripts"

Collapse

• CloudWalker
    replied
    I think i've found a fix by adding this into the script:

/MIR /COPYT /DCOPY:T

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    they are the same

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Are the file systems the same on each?

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    /COPY: DAT (or no /COPY specified) preserves the Date modified. Used it bazzilion times, if the "Date modified" is not preserved it's not Robocopy fault most likely.

Like i said, i have had a weird issues with preserving file attributes (not dates in particular, but rather ACLs and /A /H flags) when using robocopy to move files to/from NAS devices. In one case we had to use an EMC CLI tool similar to Robocopy to get the job done. So this is definitely something worth looking into. Just try copying the same data between 2 Windows boxes and see if the Dates are preserved with the same Robocopy script.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    The Date Created is fine Its the Date modified that they want to preserve.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Quotes aside, the only potential issues i see with it are:

/COPY: DAT is redundant as this is the default behavior /Z and /B are mutually exclusive as far as i know

Some NAS devices are a bit flaky when it comes to file attributes, you might want to check the script with different source/destinations to verify it.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Is it folders that have the wrong time, if so you need /DCOPYAT, but other than that I'd expect it to work. There is a /TIMFIX option which you could look at?

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    sorry it was :

robocopy "Z:\Market Data" "Y:\MarketData" /E /B /Z /copyAT /R:1 /W:1 /V /X /FFT /log:"c:\Users\MH\Temp\SharepointLog.txt"

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Yeah, I'm surprised it ran at all with the quotemarks where they are.

Leave a comment:

• FGB
    replied
    If your command line is executed exactly as shown then I think the placement of the final " is effectively disabling all the parameters supplied to the command as they may be considered as part of the target name.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    started a topic Robocopy Scripts

Robocopy Scripts

I have a client that want their data copied from a NAS to SharePoint but they want to keep the original time stamps.

The script I used was:

robocopy "Z:\Market Data" "Y:\MarketData /E /B /Z /copyAT /R:1 /W:1 /V /X /FFT /log:"c:\Users\MH\Temp\SharepointLog.txt

But when looking at the data in a mapped drive to SharePoint it has today's date?

any Ideas?

note: = : D with out space

Working...
X