• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manchester Summer Meet-up!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    so let me get this straight - Chef instigated the meet-up and set the date as its the only day he could make it in Manchester - then didn't bother to turn up? - Class
    I think he was worried that Wilmslow might turn up!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    After drinking.................

.................Wilmslow was a no show, as was Chef.
    so let me get this straight - Chef instigated the meet-up and set the date as its the only day he could make it in Manchester - then didn't bother to turn up? - Class

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oops - forgot to post in here to say, nice to see RC again & lovely to meet DaveB & Mrs B - such a lovely couple!! Hope to see ye again soon!!

Sorry we had to make an early exit but to be honest, I was a little scared of RC coming back from the bar with some of that Russian Porter for me aswell
    Frankly I think you made the right decision

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Oops - forgot to post in here to say, nice to see RC again & lovely to meet DaveB & Mrs B - such a lovely couple!! Hope to see ye again soon!!

Sorry we had to make an early exit but to be honest, I was a little scared of RC coming back from the bar with some of that Russian Porter for me aswell

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    I might be able to make it if it's anytime afetr 1 July. Will be in Carnforth from 2 - 17 July so not far to pop down there & meet up with you all

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    A few mminutes ago, a taxi driver came out to meet me at the edge of Manchester, armed with my mobile phone.

He would not take any money from me for the time and trouble; he was genuinely happy to see it returned.

I can't imagine a London cabbie doing that.

But I have no recollection of taking a cab!

I'll return to my exile now...
    Glad you managed to get your phone and the "Master Plan/Random collection of post-its".

Nice to meet you again RC, and DaveB and Mrs B - a girly who really does know her beer.

CM has recovered sufficiently enough to kick me out of bed this morning to go to work!

Cheers chaps.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    The phone has been returned

A few mminutes ago, a taxi driver came out to meet me at the edge of Manchester, armed with my mobile phone.

He would not take any money from me for the time and trouble; he was genuinely happy to see it returned.

I can't imagine a London cabbie doing that.

But I have no recollection of taking a cab!

I'll return to my exile now...
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 20 June 2010, 21:41.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Somewhere between the pub and the train home, I lost both my mobile phone and the Post-Its (on which was The Brilliant Idea we had).

But it is not surprising. I think I remember ordering a pint of that 7.7% Russian porter, but have no memory of anything after that until I woke with a start at 8 a.m. not knowing how I got home.

And I have a big hole in my trouser pocket.

So, Churchill, CM, DaveB and Mrs DaveB: I don't suppose by any chance you picked them up for me?

And did Wilmslow turn up? I cannot remember.

[email protected]

PS Don't tell admin I was here. It would make he/she/it glum.

PPS Blimey, this place looks different.

After drinking a pint of that porter I'm not surprised. It's a good job it was a straight line from the pub back to our hotel!

Didn't see any notes or a phone left behind. Last we saw was you disappearing out of the pub at a rate of knots muttering something about trains.

I have to admit I was horribly ill this morning, stomach rather than head, which I am blaming on the russian beer and possibly the kebab we picked up on the way back to the hotel.

Wore off in time for a Sunday Roast at the pub though

Wilmslow was a no show, as was Chef.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Lost my mobile last night

Somewhere between the pub and the train home, I lost both my mobile phone and the Post-Its (on which was The Brilliant Idea we had).

But it is not surprising. I think I remember ordering a pint of that 7.7% Russian porter, but have no memory of anything after that until I woke with a start at 8 a.m. not knowing how I got home.

And I have a big hole in my trouser pocket.

So, Churchill, CM, DaveB and Mrs DaveB: I don't suppose by any chance you picked them up for me?

And did Wilmslow turn up? I cannot remember.

[email protected]

PS Don't tell admin I was here. It would make he/she/it glum.

PPS Blimey, this place looks different.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 20 June 2010, 18:38. Reason: There was a missing

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sorry gang - babysitter malfunction.
    And as I spend all week away in Swindon, I don't really want to bugger off and leave Mr P on his own on a Saturday night.

So have a good time and I'll see you down the Steam soon, Churchie
    Just get one of these. Works a treat for our two

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Arse

Thanks I should have read the whole thread.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Shame about Mr Pogle - is Pogle still coming, not heard from her.
    Scroll up

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    So the latest is

Chef
    DaveB + 1
    Cailin Maith
    Churchill
    Original PM (possible)
    Richard Cranium
    Stek?
    Wilmslow (10pm ish for a quickie)

EO can't make it
    Pogle + 1 (no can do, babysitting malfunction)
    Shame about Mr Pogle - is Pogle still coming, not heard from her.

We'll be there

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    So the latest is

Chef
    DaveB + 1
    Cailin Maith
    Churchill
    Original PM (possible)
    Richard Cranium
    Stek?
    Wilmslow (10pm ish for a quickie)

EO can't make it
    Pogle + 1 (no can do, babysitting malfunction)

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Hi guys - May be able to pop in for a swift pint at around 10-ish.

I am doing my usual charity stint ending around 10, and off to Scotland seeing a relative on Sunday so cannot stay out late unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X