• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kids

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kids"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    If it had a few zombies in it it would be perfect.
    and maybe everyone died.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    If it had a few zombies in it it would be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    They are my world, well mine are any way. Try this story out for size
    Well, essentially the story is sound.

It's a "caring, sharing, story of paternal fatherhood", with a faintly amusing anecdote involving childhood innocence and wish fulfilment.

As a "stored memory" for you to look back on at a later date, when the little monsters have grown up in to unruly teenagers and then adults, driven to despair and goodness knows what addictions and trouble with the police later in life, it will probably give you moments of quiet reflection, wondering how it could all go so wrong.

Character development in the story is non-existent, and the motivations of the main protagonists are quite one dimensional, however due to their ages, that's quite understandable.

As a work of fiction, I'd give it a 10/10.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

T'other day, SY02 is on the trampoline with SY03 and SY04 (6 and 3 yrs respectively). All bouncing around and laughing until SY03 gets something in his eye. All bouncing stops, and SY02 examines SY03's eye and notices a stray eyelash. She goes to blow it away, and tells SY03 to make a wish.

Why? He asks.
    Because when you get an eyelash in your eye, when you take it out, you make a wish.
    OK. I wish I was a DINOSAUR, raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
    Awww bless.

Bouncing resumes once the eyelash is removed, but SY03 is bouncing and tugging on his eyelashes.

Bouncings stops. What are you doing SY03? Asks SY02.
    Trying to pull out another eyelash!
    Why says SY02?
    I want to be a magician now, comes the reply.

Awww bless.

SY02 explains.

Then after dinner we find SY03 trying to pull out SY04's eyelashes.

Kids, gotta love 'em.

Hugs

SY01 (with very bald eyelids)
    Now this for me is very annoying. Went for beers yesterday with Drewster and one comment he made was that I used to post funny stories, and this is the old SY01 that everyone knew and liked. So I thought about it, and decided to try and get back to this form. The first ******* story I post gets moved to LR whereas ******* placeholder threads from ATW and posts about orange legs stand in General unhindered.

If you want be off the board, then ******* well say so.

Really really fed up now.

Thanks

SY01

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You sad f ucker. You don't have kids. Remember, you alive alone. A fantasy figure bereft of love & attention.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 27 May 2010, 22:26.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Kids

Kids

T'other day, SY02 is on the trampoline with SY03 and SY04 (6 and 3 yrs respectively). All bouncing around and laughing until SY03 gets something in his eye. All bouncing stops, and SY02 examines SY03's eye and notices a stray eyelash. She goes to blow it away, and tells SY03 to make a wish.

Why? He asks.
    Because when you get an eyelash in your eye, when you take it out, you make a wish.
    OK. I wish I was a DINOSAUR, raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
    Awww bless.

Bouncing resumes once the eyelash is removed, but SY03 is bouncing and tugging on his eyelashes.

Bouncings stops. What are you doing SY03? Asks SY02.
    Trying to pull out another eyelash!
    Why says SY02?
    I want to be a magician now, comes the reply.

Awww bless.

SY02 explains.

Then after dinner we find SY03 trying to pull out SY04's eyelashes.

Kids, gotta love 'em.

Hugs

SY01 (with very bald eyelids)

Working...
X