• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cumberland sausages"

Collapse

• Numpty
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    OK Fruity Sauce was a brown sauce made by Colman's and is now only available to the export market. And then imported again by Wing Yip!
    Bugger Colmans and their exporting activity. Reward Wing Yip for importing stuff and making the balance of payments worse.

There is an OBE for Woon Yip, founder of the UK’s foremost importer of oriental foodstuffs.
    How I wish we had an ecomomist for Prime Minister.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    When I spoke of brown sauce, I meant like Daddies or HP Sauce.

However, OK Sauce:

OK Fruity Sauce was a brown sauce made by Colman's and is now only available to the export market. And then imported again by Wing Yip!

So, like all the best cuisine, it is British.

Just like curry shops in Britain make proper British curry, so Chinese take-aways in Britain make proper British Chinese scoff.

None of that dodgy foreign muck.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    The fact that you can get OK Sauce (not the bottled stuff) in Chinese restaurants suggests that they invented it.
    and the proof is..................................

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    what do they make that stuff with ???

I think we invented spicey stuff before the foreigners

The fact that you can get OK Sauce (not the bottled stuff) in Chinese restaurants suggests that they invented it.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    "bang" the sausage next to me...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So bung some brown sauce on.
    what do they make that stuff with ???

I think we invented spicey stuff before the foreigners

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I think this thread is tasteless to say the least.
    So bung some brown sauce on.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Considering that the region has just had the trauma of the worst floods in 10 thousand years, and that my missus is from Cumbria, I think this tread is tasteless to say the least.
    Obviously, if my saus was the size of a cumberland, I would nip in and take her mind off the floods immediately

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Ah dreams, that reminds me. (I'm going off topic, but whenever has that mattered in one of Atw's topics)

I had a nightmare involving daleks last week.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you woke up one day and found yourself in a group of fellow cumberland sausages all ready in a frying pan, then what would you do?

I'd roll another joint.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    AtW's dream
    my that's a big one

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    If you woke up one day and found yourself in a group of fellow cumberland sausages all ready in a frying pan, then what would you do?

AtW,
    if you are at the stage of dreaming about sausages then you really ought to seek counselling.
    For your own sake, go and get laid!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    I would hope my future would look something like this.
    do they serve that your local hooters?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

have you forgotten to take your medication again?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Think to myself, "Oh no, not again".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X