• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mulled wine

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mulled wine"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I drink alcohol on social occasions
    Can you not be sociable with yourself? I'm a past master at bringing a smile to my own face.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I drink alcohol as a substitute for social occasions.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Can you get alcohol free mulled wine?

I drink alcohol on social occasions

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Mulled wine is excellent stuff.
    Can you get alcohol free mulled wine?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Mulled wine is excellent stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    You can find mulled wine recipes here.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Simply loads of it in December as people keep giving it out free. Probably another lot tonight. Anything with alcohol that's free is ok with me.

PS What is mulled wine made of, apart from wine, anyway? It tastes rather like chair legs and marmite to me.
    Doesn't the alcohol boil off though?

Red wine, cloves, cinnamon, orange zest...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Simply loads of it in December as people keep giving it out free. Probably another lot tonight. Anything with alcohol that's free is ok with me.

PS What is mulled wine made of, apart from wine, anyway? It tastes rather like chair legs and marmite to me.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Red wine contains melatonin which causes drowsyness. Perhaps the fact that it is hot invigorates the effect?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    My mum insists on serving it on Christmas morning, and it helps me sleep.
    So the 2 coffe mugs I just had at borough market are to blame for my drowsiness then.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    My mum insists on serving it on Christmas morning, and it helps me sleep.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Have it on occasions but I'm not a great fan of cinnamon so will usually go for something different if on offer.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    started a topic Mulled wine

Mulled wine

Do men drink it? (Queue No. Next) Had some over lunch and can't keep my eyes open at work.

Working...
X