• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today, over 27,000 children died around the world."

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    China has been trying to control its population by legislation for some time...and failed
    They call the kids little emperors.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    No , the point is to control the population with legislations. Not leave them to die of illness. It brakes the parents hearts u know. Think about watching your kid die becaue you don't have 10 quid
    China has been trying to control its population by legislation for some time...and failed

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    No , the point is to control the population with legislations. Not leave them to die of illness. It brakes the parents hearts u know. Think about watching your kid die becaue you don't have 10 quid
    How do we impose legislation on independent third-world countries? We'd first have to rule over them.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Even if we could spend enough to significantly reduce infant mortality levels, won't the result be a disastrous acceleration of the population explosion?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Even if we could spend enough to significantly reduce infant mortality levels, won't the result be a disastrous acceleration of the population explosion?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    What?

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    what would you do?

Do about what? About the fact that 27000 children die every day or about the fact that it's not news or about the fact that nobody cares?

1. Nothing, so long as it's not me or my family, why should I care?
    2. Nothing, the news is all selected by crazed right-wing nutters or crazed left-wing nutters. You cannot possibly know about everything that happens in the world, so why bother if it doesn't affect you?
    3. Nothing. Nobody gives a ****.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    We're still in an age of empires anyway.
    Which version? IV was the best one.......

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    another day.... another 27000

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
    It's because nobody gives a ****, that's why.
    It's because it's not newsworthy. ie. it doesn't relate to the people who pay for newspapers or other media.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
    what would you do?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    I know, I know, oh, oh, me, me

Why is this tragedy not in the headlines?

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Poverty/death/

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
    The papers were going to put in something about the 27,000. But it got bumped by a story about Mrs McCann painting a fingernail.
    Toenail, I think. Fingernail would have made page 2.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricChair
    replied
    The papers were going to put in something about the 27,000. But it got bumped by a story about Mrs McCann painting a fingernail.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    If only Woolies had issued those product recalls earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally Posted by Troll
    Sounds like you're wishing for a return to colonial days...
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I'm not sure where you get that from. Most certainly not. We're still in an age of empires anyway.
    Well what would you have the West do about it? it sounds like you are complaining about the Wests inaction ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X