• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cricket

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cricket"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I started watching it during the summer after I graduated and I didn't really have a lot to do. A game that takes 5 days to play and can still result in a draw, you don't get better than that!

Now I try never to miss it.
    It's a great concept to try and explain to Americans - five days and no result, to a nation that can't concentrate for more than 5 minutes without an advert break.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Never got the whole cricket thing. Nothing seems to happen. And then, for no apparent reason, everyone starts cheering and applauding. Baffling.
    I started watching it during the summer after I graduated and I didn't really have a lot to do. A game that takes 5 days to play and can still result in a draw, you don't get better than that!

Now I try never to miss it.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Sounds like a film I once saw - Swedish and full of lovelies...
    Was that one with the lovely Tracie L.?

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    I went to Lords, but all I saw were rather frail folk being wheeled about by nuns. Rubbish!
    Sounds like a film I once saw - Swedish and full of lovelies...

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I had the same opinion until I went to Lords to see a test match. Still not my favourite game but once you vaguely understand the rules it's quite enjoyable.
    I went to Lords, but all I saw were rather frail folk being wheeled about by nuns. Rubbish!

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    It's more about beer, sun and the occasional girly getting ogled by about 20,000 drunken blokes

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Never got the whole cricket thing. Nothing seems to happen. And then, for no apparent reason, everyone starts cheering and applauding. Baffling.
    I had the same opinion until I went to Lords to see a test match. Still not my favourite game but once you vaguely understand the rules it's quite enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    That'll be the streaker then

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Sky Sports does a slightly better update page,

http://www.skysports.com/cricket

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    started a topic Cricket

Cricket

Anyone else try to keep an eye on the cricket score, and get fed up and sifting through mindless schoolgirl drivel on here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6943756.stm

At least the cr@p in here is mostly entertaining...

Working...
X