• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

Anyone else try to keep an eye on the cricket score, and get fed up and sifting through mindless schoolgirl drivel on here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/6943756.stm

At least the cr@p in here is mostly entertaining...

Sky Sports does a slightly better update page,

http://www.skysports.com/cricket
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Never got the whole cricket thing. Nothing seems to happen. And then, for no apparent reason, everyone starts cheering and applauding. Baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
        Never got the whole cricket thing. Nothing seems to happen. And then, for no apparent reason, everyone starts cheering and applauding. Baffling.
        That'll be the streaker then

Comment

I had the same opinion until I went to Lords to see a test match. Still not my favourite game but once you vaguely understand the rules it's quite enjoyable.

Comment

It's more about beer, sun and the occasional girly getting ogled by about 20,000 drunken blokes

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              I had the same opinion until I went to Lords to see a test match. Still not my favourite game but once you vaguely understand the rules it's quite enjoyable.
              I went to Lords, but all I saw were rather frail folk being wheeled about by nuns. Rubbish!

Comment

I went to Lords, but all I saw were rather frail folk being wheeled about by nuns. Rubbish!
                Sounds like a film I once saw - Swedish and full of lovelies...

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                  Sounds like a film I once saw - Swedish and full of lovelies...
                  Was that one with the lovely Tracie L.?

Comment

I started watching it during the summer after I graduated and I didn't really have a lot to do. A game that takes 5 days to play and can still result in a draw, you don't get better than that!

Now I try never to miss it.

Comment

Working...
                    X