• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kids today...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kids today..."

Collapse

• angusglover
    replied
    "For several months, our nurses have been baffled to find a dead patient in the same bed every Friday morning" a spokeswoman for the Pelonomi Hospital (Free State, South Africa) told reporters. "There was no apparent cause for any of the deaths, and extensive checks on the air conditioning system, and a search for possible bacterial infection, failed to reveal any clues." "However, further inquiries have now revealed the cause of these deaths. It seems that every Friday morning a cleaner would enter the ward, remove the plug that powered the patient's life support system, plug her floor polisher into the vacant socket, then go about her business. When she had finished her chores, she would plug the life support machine back in and leave, unaware that the patient was now dead. She could not, after all, hear the screams and eventual death rattle over the whirring of her polisher. "We are sorry, and have sent a strong letter to the cleaner in question. Further, the Free State Health and Welfare Department is arranging for an electrician to fit an extra socket, so there should be no repetition of this incident. The enquiry is now closed."

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I don't believe this story. Sorry Register, urban legend bullshit. But a good crack all the same!
    A quick google on the name brings up a number of web sites in the same vein as the register, but no official source. No Southern German newspaper.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I don't believe this story. Sorry Register, urban legend bullshit.

But a good crack all the same!
    Last edited by wendigo100; 20 June 2007, 08:41.

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Reminds me of the hospital in South Africa (I think) where the cleaning lady kept unplugging the life support for a particular bed cos she wanted to plug her floor cleaner in....people that were in that bed kept dying and noone knew why until they spotted her.....

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    I wonder what he would have done if the bloke on the other side was snoring...

Leave a comment:

• Geek_Bird
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Fecking thick, fecking selfish or both. A good reason not to have mixed sex wards or mixed generation wards.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Kids today...

Kids today...

Huh

Working...
X