• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you any good at Killer Sudoku?"

Collapse

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    I love these killer ones. I used to do the one in the Times everyday on the train. I did learn a few hints that helped me.

Each line (vertical and horizontal) and square (3x3) totals 45.

Each 3x3 sqaure will contain each number 1-9 so for example bottom right square the only place a 9 could fit would be in the dotted area of 24 as it can't go in the dotted area of 8, 5, 9 or 10.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Gros
    Incidentally, where did you begin, is there an obvious starting point?

I'm sure this one should reside in the 'Hard' category...

Well this might get you started

Leave a comment:

• Gros
    replied
    Incidentally, where did you begin, is there an obvious starting point?

I'm sure this one should reside in the 'Hard' category...

Leave a comment:

• Gros
    replied
    Damn.

I'm not going to look at your entire result just yet, but take one clue and look at it again during the day. I'm curious to know where my logic fell apart!

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Works fine for me.

4 7 6 2 3 1 9 5 8
    8 3 2 9 5 4 7 6 1
    9 5 1 6 7 8 2 3 4
    1 8 7 5 2 3 4 9 6
    6 2 3 1 4 9 8 7 5
    5 4 9 7 8 6 1 2 3
    7 6 4 8 9 5 3 1 2
    2 1 8 3 6 7 5 4 9
    3 9 5 4 1 2 6 8 7

Leave a comment:

• Gros
    started a topic Are you any good at Killer Sudoku?

Are you any good at Killer Sudoku?

Hey. Recently I've had a bit of a passion for these games, and print them off to do on the train on the way home to pass the time. I've been visiting a site where they have loads of these, and I'm currently working my way through the easy ones, which generally take me between 30mins to an hour to complete.

I'm not a big maths person, but have decent logic (I should hope so anyway as I'm an IT contractor...), but there's one supposedly easy one which I simply can't do. In fact, as far as I'm concerned I have proved that it can't be done. I'd be intruiged to see if any of you clever bods can do it...

It's No.381, at the top of this page...
    http://www.killersudokuonline.com/ar...375.html#daily

In my opinion, there is no combination that will fit in the bottom two rows given the other combinations above them to the right.

Anyway, anyone fancy a go?!

Working...
X