• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "World Cup Trivia Questions"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    clever cloggs!
    Classic trivia question to be fair John.
    Who are the last Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Northern Irishman to finish as to goalscorer in the top flight of English football (joint top goalscorer counts)?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Notts County
    Notts Forest
    Aston Villa
    Wigan Athletic
    Norwich City
    Plymouth Argyle
    Bolton Wanderers
    Tottenham Hotspur
    AFC Bournemouth
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Ipswich Town
    Queens Park Rangers
    Bristol Rovers
    Crystal Palace
    Preston North End
    Accrington Stanley
    MK Dons
    Sunderland AFC
    Crewe Alexandra
    Port Vale
    Glasgow Celtic
    Hamilton Academicals
    Partick Thistle
    clever cloggs!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    next question

name 25 different subsidiary team names,

e.g City, United, etc.
    Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Notts County
    Notts Forest
    Aston Villa
    Wigan Athletic
    Norwich City
    Plymouth Argyle
    Bolton Wanderers
    Tottenham Hotspur
    AFC Bournemouth
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Ipswich Town
    Queens Park Rangers
    Bristol Rovers
    Crystal Palace
    Preston North End
    Accrington Stanley
    MK Dons
    Sunderland AFC
    Crewe Alexandra
    Port Vale
    Glasgow Celtic
    Hamilton Academicals
    Partick Thistle

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    FA trivia

next question

name 25 different subsidiary team names,

e.g City, United, etc.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    OK, I thought there had been another similar situation.
    Leighton only played one more game for United, a League Cup tie against Halifax later that year. Thank God.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    That's the same as Leighton. He played in the 3-3 draw v Palace with Sealey playing in the replay.
    OK, I thought there had been another similar situation.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    well, not quite the same as Sprake. He played full time and extra time at Wembley, but didn't play in the replay. At that time, winner's medals were only awarded for the winning game. I gather this has been changed now.
    That's the same as Leighton. He played in the 3-3 draw v Palace with Sealey playing in the replay.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Ah, in terms of the first one, that will also apply to Jim Leighton, who was dropped in favour of the late Les Sealey in the 1990 final, with Les making a beeline for Leighton and offering him his winner's medal.
    well, not quite the same as Sprake. He played full time and extra time at Wembley, but didn't play in the replay. At that time, winner's medals were only awarded for the winning game. I gather this has been changed now.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Well done. I was at their 125 year celebrations in 1977. So that makes them formed in 1852.
    Ah, in terms of the first one, that will also apply to Jim Leighton, who was dropped in favour of the late Les Sealey in the 1990 final, with Les making a beeline for Leighton and offering him his winner's medal.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Kevin Moran, 1985. First man sent off in a cup final. That said, he was later presented the medal after the FA had at first refused. Thinking about it, he was sent off late in the second half. It'll be someone stretchered off in extra time then. I'll have to have a think.

Gary Sprake for Leeds. Played full time at Wembley, match drawn. Didn't play in the reply.

Which English FA Cup? The one that Chelsea won last May or a different one?
    Cardiff City were the last winners of the English FA Cup. They dropped the English part after.

Team kit must be easily distinguishable from the opposing team's kit and that of the match officials.
    One more, the goal keeper must have a different kit from the rest of his team

Oldest FA team in the world - Sheffield FC
    Well done. I was at their 125 year celebrations in 1977. So that makes them formed in 1852.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    name one person (I believe there have only been two) who played full time in an FA Cup final, his team won the FA cup, but he didn't get a winner's medal. Who was he, what was his team and what were the circumstances?

also
    what team last won the English FA cup?

also
    name a rule related to the nature of the team kit

also
    what is the oldest FA team in the World?
    Kevin Moran, 1985. First man sent off in a cup final. That said, he was later presented the medal after the FA had at first refused. Thinking about it, he was sent off late in the second half. It'll be someone stretchered off in extra time then. I'll have to have a think.

Which English FA Cup? The one that Chelsea won last May or a different one?

Team kit must be easily distinguishable from the opposing team's kit and that of the match officials.

Oldest FA team in the world - Sheffield FC

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Football trivia

name one person (I believe there have only been two) who played full time in an FA Cup final, his team won the FA cup, but he didn't get a winner's medal. Who was he, what was his team and what were the circumstances?

also
    what team last won the English FA cup?

also
    name a rule related to the nature of the team kit

also
    what is the oldest FA team in the World?

Leave a comment:

• millarman
    replied
    Any chance of the answers please. It's a good one for the pub on Thursday :-)

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Roy of the Rovers??

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Name the six players who are not English, have at least 400 English Premier League appearances and have never played at a World Cup finals.
    DGAS
    DGAS
    DGAS
    DGAS
    DGAS
    DGAS

Football! Boring! Played it on occasions, quite fun, but watching it. Noooo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X