• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Infinity contractors services employee benefit trust"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    In this climate I would advise that no-one accept any comments from anyone (including all on an anonymous forum) at face-value. If the facts you discover matches the words used, then you could accept them.

Leave a comment:

• Socialsarah73
    replied
    Originally posted by beunostats View Post
    Andrew Thompson is DOR and was Infinity Contractors, same person. I posted on here somewhere a few months ago, a detailed history of Andrew and the Infinity/DOR relationship.

Interestingly when DOR were asked as about their relationship with trustees. Infinity, iq their response was . As “we are instructed by the trustees to handle communications with trust debtors about the loans. We do not have any relationship with the scheme organisers either for IQ or Infinity.”

Leave a comment:

• beunostats
    replied
    Andrew Thompson is DOR and was Infinity Contractors, same person. I posted on here somewhere a few months ago, a detailed history of Andrew and the Infinity/DOR relationship.

Originally posted by swing84 View Post
    In a shocking turn of events it emerges that the 31st July deadline imposed by our friend Andrew Thompson was in fact not a deadline at all

He's written to remind me that interest is now accruing and that I should setup the standing order, or utilise one of the options to repay the loan. He also wishes to point out that he 'has instructed' DOR Resolutions to 'collect the interest' which sounds a bit bailiff-y.

I am taking legal advice (not from someone active in these forums) so will await further opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Doggysoft
    replied
    In a shocking turn of events it emerges that the 31st July deadline imposed by our friend Andrew Thompson was in fact not a deadline at all

He's written to remind me that interest is now accruing and that I should setup the standing order, or utilise one of the options to repay the loan. He also wishes to point out that he 'has instructed' DOR Resolutions to 'collect the interest' which sounds a bit bailiff-y.

I am taking legal advice (not from someone active in these forums) so will await further opinion.
    Please keep the rest of us informed. Seems very much THL-like.

Leave a comment:

• swing84
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Socialsarah73
    replied
    Have they responded yet? Tempted to do the same myself.
    No not yet but they do have one month. I just want to ensure I have all documentation to enable proper legal advice should I require it.

Leave a comment:

• swing84
    replied
    Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post
    Yes although the standing order appear to be for the interest only. I have again made a subject access request to gain all information they hold on me including email as previous request via TLH only provided details of IQ. No response yet thou.
    Have they responded yet? Tempted to do the same myself.

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    Yes although the standing order appear to be for the interest only. I have again made a subject access request to gain all information they hold on me including email as previous request via TLH only provided details of IQ. No response yet thou.
    See this tweet that Phil Manley has commented on. Seems that tax advisors broadly agree on this. Ignore.

Twitter / ?

Leave a comment:

• Socialsarah73
    replied
    Originally posted by matteire View Post
    Hi, the letter you received from Infinity, did they instruct you to pay a standing order monthly through DOR?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Hi, the letter you received from Infinity, did they instruct you to pay a standing order monthly through DOR?
    In my opinion, paying Infinity (or any other "lender") is good money after bad.

Leave a comment:

• matteire
    replied
    Has anyone else received letter today asking for interest to be paid from 1 August 2019 or to have loans written off on or before 31 July?

Any advice would be welcomed

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    how do I become a member of BG?
    You should be asking "why do I want to be in BG", now "how".

BG was formed to find a negotiated settlement. We could not do that. We are now gearing for litigation and expect to be in Tribunal later this year.

Therefore you need to be in a position to benefit from the argument we are taking.

In other words:

1. you do not wish to settle
    2. you have years under enquiry and/or are facing the loan charge
    3. you understand the risks of litigation
    4. you understand that there will be a cost (to join and contribute to fees)

Part of our activity is to push for loan write off/forgiveness and to deal with some of the interference being put up by promoters and their advisers.

That is strictly outside BG but is a service we offer, to date for no additional cost unless it requires expert legal or insolvency advice.

So think "why"?

Then "how" is search WTT Big Group.

Leave a comment:

• matteire
    replied
    BG

how do I become a member of BG?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Any BG members reading this, please see the resources section of the forum.

Any non members you will need to get advance and get organised.

This is mainly a legal matter although it does have some tax implications. As such a knowledgeable law firm is what you need.

Do not:

1. Assume that because HMRC is claiming that the money is "income" it cannot be a loan

2. Assume that a Court would find that this is not a loan

3. Rely on the bloke down the pub or anonymous posters here, being correct

I suggest that you start by asking whomever wrote to you to:

a. explain who/what they are

b. prove that they have requisite authority by showing you copies of agreements

c. show you a signed - by all parties -copy of any agreement that establishes obligation

Once you have more and better information you can decide what to do.

Leave a comment:

• reddredd
    replied
    Has anyone else received letter today asking for interest to be paid from 1 August 2019 or to have loans written off on or before 31 July?

Any advice would be welcomed
    Yes After a few weeks of back and forth emails they said interest would be chargeable after Aug 1!

Anyone any new news?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X