• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Professional advice?"

Collapse

• Freewill
    replied
    Are you Tony Blair?

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyB
    replied
    Nope, none of those. Anthony is my stage name.
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Because you’ll be the third this month asking for a change.

Of course if you aren’t Anthony B/loggs/loefeld etc, stay as you are.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Cojak - no, why?

Thanks I'll try Weberg.

Because you’ll be the third this month asking for a change.

Of course if you aren’t Anthony B/loggs/loefeld etc, stay as you are.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Advisers come in many guises.

In theory any competent and qualified tax professional will do what you want and can be searched for here.

Find A Member

You need to identify what is important to you.

Local because you want to see the white's of their eyes?
    Price?
    Expertise?
    Fight the enquiry or settle?

Many High St firms can in theory help you but may need to spend time getting up to speed which negates their perhaps cheaper hourly rate.

Those with more experience, know this and charge more per hour.

(Hourly rates are the norm and anywhere between £120 and £500).

Some firms will charge a fixed fee.

Most sensible firms in this space will offer a free initial call so that you can get a feel for options.

Once you are down to a short list do some DD.

Do not pick a firm involved in marketing, promoting or designing schemes. They will have an inherent conflict of interest.

You could float your choice here of course, but as demonstrated, you risk some commentary.

Leave a comment:

• Boodog
    replied
    So I'm an idiot because you think AnthonyB is my real name or I'd be an idiot to change it?
    If you think you've got some helpful advice it would be great to get a private message from you.

This forum / thread becomes more ridiculous by the minute. Come on contractors, get a grip!

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sorry some posters feel that LCAG has the credibility of a weasel.

Still, Graham has also taken considerable flack on CUK. Quite unfairly IMO. Shoot the messenger.
    Not LCAG, who I greatly admire. Just Phil Manley peddling schemes from Cyprus.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyB
    replied
    So I'm an idiot because you think AnthonyB is my real name or I'd be an idiot to change it?
    If you think you've got some helpful advice it would be great to get a private message from you.
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Because only an idiot uses a forum username that can be linked back to their real name..... oh!
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 17 April 2019, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Because only an idiot uses a forum username that can be linked back to their real name..... oh!
    Just as well no-one is allowed to mention your real name is it Mr John Smith?

Opppsssss

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Cojak - no, why?

Thanks I'll try Weberg.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sorry some posters feel that LCAG has the credibility of a weasel.

Still, Graham has also taken considerable flack on CUK. Quite unfairly IMO. Shoot the messenger.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyB
    replied
    Cojak - no, why?

Thanks I'll try Weberg.

Leave a comment:

• here4beer
    replied
    I can't believe this hadn't been asked already. Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?
    [/URL]
    There are loads, try Google.

However there's one company who patrols these forums, works for a one off fee, and once settled will help release/waiver/remove the actual loan from your name.

And reassuringly will almost certainly have experience on a case the same as yours (same scheme promoter, agency, etc). Look for WTT / Webberg. They even give a free 30 min chat. I'm using them.

I wouldn't bother with the other name mentioned anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Most people contact Graham(webberg on CUK) or Phil( phil@dswtres dot com). I think those are the only two that can be suggested?

This part of the forum is heavily moderated - but still please do be careful. Advice is often worth what you pay for it. And on CUK it is free.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I can't believe this hadn't been asked already.
    Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?

I've been out of the country for a year and only just seen a letter from HMRC. The umbrella company I used has reiterated that I am NOT in scope as I was directly employed and not employed through a third party but, to be frank, I don't trust their word.

Please, any advice on someone I can speak to in order to understand if I'm in scope or not?

Thanks,
    M

Do you want me to ask Admin to change your username Anthony?

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyB
    started a topic Professional advice?

Professional advice?

I can't believe this hadn't been asked already.
    Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?

I've been out of the country for a year and only just seen a letter from HMRC. The umbrella company I used has reiterated that I am NOT in scope as I was directly employed and not employed through a third party but, to be frank, I don't trust their word.

Please, any advice on someone I can speak to in order to understand if I'm in scope or not?

Thanks,
    M

Working...
X